FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Long Way Around....

Author Topic: The Long Way Around....
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
So... I am heading into the second week of Nano, and I want to procrastinate already. I should be hitting about 11,900 words by now, but I only have a little over 9500 words. Instead, I ended up watching that documentary about Alexander the Great, on the History Channel I believe. Then I switched it over to Bravo to catch the tail end of Celebrity Poker. That ends and lo and behold, my procrastination pays off. I finally catch an episode of The Long Way Around, the documentary/reality show Ewan McGregor and his best pal, Charley Boorman, did about their trip across Europe/Asia/North America while riding motorcycles. Now, I'd heard about this since last year when Ewan had been on Leno. Than, more recently, he and Charley came on again to promote the series. But damn it, it just so happens to be on Thursdays, and I always seem to be watching something else and forget. (I know... bad for someone who is such a fangirl of Ewan.) So, there it was, at a time I could actually watch. In fact, come to find out, it's a rerun of the second episode which had aired this past Thursday. I hadn't missed as much as I'd thought.

In this episode, they ride their bikes, joined by Claudio, their camera man, and two SUVs through Eastern Europe, Ukraine and Russia. (The SUVs follow them a day or so behind with the producer and others.)

Anyways, I am sitting on my couch, watching it and avoiding the laptop that's nearby quite successfully due in large part to Ewan, and I find myself enjoying the show quite a bit. It turns out to be pretty darn good. They have some interesting misadventures with papers or the lack thereof crossing borders, get to meet some really cool people and see some beautiful scenery and architecture. But, at its heart, it seems to be an adventure show about two buddies taking that once in a lifetime trip together. Very cool.

The next episode comes on at 8 pm on Thursday on Bravo with a reshowing on Sunday nights. I'll definitely be watching since some of the preview clips on the Bravo site involve Ewan and Charley getting a full body massage. BTW... Ewan has a nice toosh. [Evil]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard about that!! I heard it was absolutely phenomenal... and I ADORE Ewan. It's at times like this that I wish I had a TV.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
What me and Niki thought was interesting was the very shady people Ewan has met so far.

The best was the "electronics shop owner" who had a mansion and several machine guns. It was funny watching Ewan and his friend be so uncomfortable. At first I didn't think they realized what the deal was, but then he started making comments that showed they knew, and were afraid for their lives [Smile] .

And that was the second Ukranian mafia boss they had extend hospitality to them in one show!

Very surreal.

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.