FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How 'bout them fall foliage colors?

Author Topic: How 'bout them fall foliage colors?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Original thread deleted as being entirely redundant.

But hey! Look at the pretty leaves!

[Big Grin]

(and look at Dag's links if you're interested in pharmacists refusing to fill prescriptions because of "moral" issues)

Thanks Dag.

(and dkw who sent me a private e-mail and didn't choose to humiliate me in public like SOME people!

[Razz]

[ November 09, 2004, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
[Deleted so nobody bumps any of them.]

[ November 09, 2004, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny thing is I actually posted in one of those threads.

Oh well...

I was on a trip and never even saw the other one.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
There are only two colors of leaves that I am aware of. Green and brown.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
The problem around here is that the leaves tend to fall off the trees as soon as they change.

So we get beautiful colors on the ground.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Leaves? There are leaves? They turn colors?
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
We had beautiful colors in September and October. Now most of the trees are leafless.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
We got kinda shortchanged on fall colors this year in Illinois - very dry summer. Drought makes the leaves start to turn brown before the usual start of fall. It's a survival thing.

Very selfish of the trees, really. Doing stuff to ensure their survival instead of feeding our desire for displays of reds, yellows and oranges.

Ssselfish nassssty treessss. [Mad]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
I second ludosti's statement...

The only green here is found as either very small, very numerous leaves that don't change color according to the time of year, or the bark of the trees. When an entire tree changes color, it usually means I'm going to have to replace it soon.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
We're almost past the fall colours stage here, but it was beautiful and vivid while it lasted. [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
What is this "fall" of which you speak?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* What she said.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
Fall foliage.

We had a late fall this year in Rhode Island -- it's only now starting to get really cold. I don't have a useful camera, or I'd have taken some picures.

Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with raia and rivka. What fall?

I can see a brown banana leaf off my back balcony, but all the other leaves are a far greener green than most of you have ever seen. And that goes for the coconut palms, pineapple, mango, papaya, lime, and all other tropical trees out here.

Aren't'cha jealous yet?

[Evil] [Evil] [Evil] [Evil] [Evil] [Evil]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"Aren't'cha jealous yet?"

Nah. I like seasons. And insects smaller than my head.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Rain men are just as fun as snow men.
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Great pictures, Mike.
quote:
I was on a trip and never even saw the other one.
Yeah. I've heard about those kinds of "trips."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
How do you make a rain man? With clear plastic leaf bags filled up under the drain spout? Would he leak if you jammed in sticks for his arms?
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
No, no, no, no, no, no, no...
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

You know what's a sign of impending winter?

Totally. Overweight. Squirrels.

I swear, they are waddling.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

There so many squirrels here, but I haven't seen any fat ones. Oh, I want to see an obese squirrel.
Teshi
Member # 5024

Well earlier on in the year they are all sleek and now they're fat and can't go so fast.
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
You want to see an obese squirrel? Here you go.

-----

quote:
Great pictures, Mike.
Thanks, I took them myself. [Wink]
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

quote:
Show: All sizes - Large - Medium - Small

Heh heh heh.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

(I think that big guy in the top center photos of the "fat squirrel" image-search is actually a prairie dog. Note that you can't see a tail peeking 'round the edges. Pretty durn cute, though.)

[ November 10, 2004, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Ten minutes to Wapner....
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(I think that big guy in the top center photos of the "fat squirrel" image-search is actually a prairie dog.
That reminds me of a conversation Andrew and I had last year:

Andrew: What the h@%& is wrong with that squirrel?
Kira: It's a chipmunk.

We had spectacularly beautiful foliage here for 2 weeks, then we had 2 days of record winds and they all blew off the trees.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm gonna have nightmares. Some of those squirrels just freaked me out. [Angst] [Angst] [Angst] [Angst] [Angst] [Angst] [Angst]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
We had some pretty colors also...but I didn't get a chance to catch some pictures. But, it did snow a few days ago!! I did take some decent (if i may say so myself) photos of that.

Here are the snow pictures I took

Oh, my Dad has two prairie dogs. And he wants a squirrel. They're cute. Not that fat though. [Smile]

Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.