FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Raia - NOW WITH PICS!

Author Topic: Hey Raia - NOW WITH PICS!
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Walking through Melbourne (Australia) last night, I came across an architectural bookstore. Unfortunately I only had my cameraphone, but you'll get the picture!

[ November 17, 2004, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Troubadour ]

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump* because editing the post itself doesn't.
Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ghost of Zevlag
Member # 3346

- posted      Profile for Ghost of Zevlag   Email Ghost of Zevlag         Edit/Delete Post 
hehe.

That's cool.

Posts: 28 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen an Imogen Bookstore.

[Frown]

(I found an Imogen character in a book once. Unfortunately she was a spoilt little brat and utterly disagreeable.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

I had two female friends-of-a-friend who were sisters, Imogen and Xanthe. I used to work in a music store in Brisbane (Palings, owned by Brashs - which tells you how long ago THAT was!) and every few months Xanthe would drop by and say hi.

But the weird thing was this. I could never ever ever for the life of me remember what she looked like, despite the fact that she was stunning. I still can't remember what she looks like, haven't a clue and I'm usually superb with faces.

The only way I knew it was her would be that this absolutely stunning looking lass would come up and enthusastically say "hi!" to me - to which I'd always reply with equal enthusiasm "Hi Xanthe!" because it was this stunning woman who knew me but I didn't recongise in the faintest. So I knew it was Xanthe!

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Brisbane (Palings, owned by Brashs - which tells you how long ago THAT was!)
Um...no. It doesn't.

<clueless>

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
That is absolutely hilarious!
Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

Sorry Bob, Aussie only reference there... Brashes was a HUGE national retailer that went bust about 8 years ago.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I quite like having Aussie-references for a change. [Smile]

You do realise that if I ever meet you and say "Hi" and you greet me with anything other than "Hi Xanthe" I will take it as a personal insult to my looks?

[Razz]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

Well I walked right into that one. [Big Grin]
Troubadour
Member # 83

*self-serving bump in case Raia didn't get to see it*
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That's awesome!

Thanks, Troub! *didn't see it*

My internet was down until a few minutes ago, so I've been behind on the action for the past day or two... but yay! I'm a bookstore now! [Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

Cool!! [Smile]

Glad you like it! The name goes all around the glass frontage of the store.... I was just walking past and did a total doubletake.

Thought you could do with some cheering up! [Wink]

Raia
Member # 4700

[Kiss]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

aw shucks [Blushing]
Raia
Member # 4700

You should go in and ask if you get a discount for knowing someone by that name (well, by that screenname, but they don't have to know that part...) [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.