FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » EverQuest 2

Author Topic: EverQuest 2
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
It came out last week, and I actually bought it on the day it came out.

General impressions so far:

I like it a lot. It runs well and has been quite bug-free for being so new. The only real problem I've notice so far has been invisible monsters, and that was fixed in yesterday's patch. I've crashed out a couple of times, but it hasn't been any big deal there either. The crafting skills are interesting -- a minigame unto themselves -- though I will admit I think thye've made them a touch too complex. The most basic "finished item" that I've seen still needs several subcomponents, and I think the end result is a little too random in spite of the minigame aspects that are supposed to ameliorate that.

Anyway, the cities are huge and beautiful, the zones around the cities are huge and well stocks with critters to fight and supplies for my crafter. The quests are interesting and seem to tell a story, or at least mean something, even when they're the "FedEx" type of "Go find this person and come back."

I also like the way the NPC's call out things based on my race and class. My main character is a Ratonga Scout, and I had one person tell me "I may have need of your services later, sneaky." Another told me "The only good rat is a dead rat. I guess you're not really a rat though." Cats hiss at me as I walk by, rats and mice follow me around curiously -- it's really funny.

I've been very much enjoying myself while playing this over the past 9 days.

If anyone else is playing, drop in and give your impressions too.

And in case anyone is considering starting and wants a server to pick: I'm on the Permafrost server with all 4 of my characters. On the "good" side I have Clarissa the High Elf fighter who will be turning Paladin once she's high enough level, and also Tyodor the Dwarven Priest who will be going Templar. He's my crafter also, currently a 9th level artisan. I haven't decided what specialty I'm gonna take him in. On the "evil" side I have Jonn the Ratonga Scout who will eventually be an Assassin, and also Maggie the Mage. She's a half-elf and will be a Necromancer.

So come on in, enjoy the fun, and send me a /tell when you are playing!

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.