FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » missing game

Author Topic: missing game
seven
Member # 5367

- posted      Profile for seven           Edit/Delete Post 
Quite some time ago, I surfed Hatrack River forums. I remember stumbling upon a game, however, I can't remember the name, or the website URL that it's at. It was with this castle, and you have to defend the castle by shooting a bunch of stick men...

Anyways, if anybody remembers that and the URL, could you post it here? Thanks...haha.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I never saw the thread your talking about, but I do know of this game where you defend a castle...it may not be the same one though.

here it is

have fun!! [Smile]

Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seven
Member # 5367

- posted      Profile for seven           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! That is most definitely it. Thanks a billion!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Or, the original page here.

I remember playing this before it was linked too on hatrack, and I never thought of showing it to anyone. *kicks self* [Wall Bash]

[ November 18, 2004, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: MEC ]

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

I love this game [Taunt]
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm playing this wrong, I'm just lifting them to the top of the screen and dropping them..none of them have gotten near the castle, aaand..that's all. Does this make me really good? Or does this mean I'm missing the point to the game? [Dont Know]
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

It gets harder in the later levels, including guys who can't be picked up and dropped.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually you get to a certain point and you become invincible because you click on the demolition guys and they kill everyone for you. That and you load up on archers, repair people, and wizards and any damage done is both insignificant and repaired.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

But that's only if you play intelligently.
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I'm in level . . . 23 or 24, and I have 105 mages, 105 archers, and 121 workers.

I'm not doing anything, myself. I don't know if anybody's reached the building yet, not checking back all that often, but if they have they've been killed and the damage repaired.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
My men keep getting completely killed off [Frown]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

You're not converting new warrior's fugu?
WishfulWiggin
Member # 6823

- posted      Profile for WishfulWiggin   Email WishfulWiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
although this game doesn't require the same amount of skill as the above one, its also pretty fun. I suggest giving it a go.

cool game

Posts: 208 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
buy a few more archers...or people will start getting to you. A couple hundred will keep everyone away.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
yes, but you have to remember to have money left after buying upgrades in order to keep your archers - I'm stuck because I'm down to one archer and about 5 guys to spare and I keep getting defeated. This is the first level with the big guys.
Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BunnV
Member # 6816

- posted      Profile for BunnV   Email BunnV         Edit/Delete Post 
This game is good, too. Takes a lot of skill, though.
http://www.lanceandeskimo.com/flash/quest.html

Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, that was just stupid, BunnV

[Wink]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay - how come in the credits it says "additional writing" by Orson Scott Card?
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Tell me I'm no the only one who plays the castle game while listening to "It's Raining Men".
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

Haha, you are not the only one.
I'm only on stage 7, and I have 11 archers.
Odd, I thought I was doing well for myself in the game. Thanks a lot folks, for putting the ole' Tater to shame. [Grumble]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
level 37. 800 archers, 300 mages, 300 construction workers. Not really playing anymore, just letting it run itself to see how hard it gets before 800 archers is not enough. Russell, this is all your fault!

[ November 19, 2004, 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Toretha ]

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

37? How many stages are there, dare I ask? [Angst]
fugu13
Member # 2859

There are infinitely many stages. Unsurprisingly, Anna has infinitely much patience in comparison to myself, I stopped shortly into the 20s with boredom once I realized nothing new would happen [Wink] .
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, well I did stop there until you started talking about it, at which point, I got curious how many levels it would be before the archers weren't able to handle it. [Grumble]
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

[Smile]

You are so great [Smile] .

Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Aye, you're all pitiful, last time I played that game I got to stage 40-something and had 1400 archers, 500 mages, and like 200 repair guys. [Razz] They didn't even make it on to the screen. At which point I got bored and shut if off. I've heard of people leaving it on for several weeks and making it to stage 200 or so [Eek!]

[ November 20, 2004, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Alcon ]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

Alcon, with that being what you're boasting about, I'm not sure you're calling the right person pitiful [Razz] .

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.