FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christmas illustration to go out on our Christmas letters

Author Topic: Christmas illustration to go out on our Christmas letters
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
You know how a lot of families send out family portraits with their Christmas letters? I had this idea to make an illustration of a nativity scene with the members of our family in it. I made this last night, and had a lot of fun. Just wanted to share. [Smile]

Family Nativity

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Bev, that's adorable. You're so talented! I have a feeling people will be saving your card for a long time.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice job!
Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] Wow, that's amazing! And a very cute idea.
Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
When you color it, can I have blue hair?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome. Is the Guinea pig (Hamster???) part of the family, too?
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Thanks everyone! [Smile]

That is our guinea pig, Ender. Good eye on picking that out! [Wink]

MPH: no [Razz]

[ November 20, 2004, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: beverly ]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I love that!! It's a great idea and amazingly executed!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
That's really cute. My husband wants to do an illustration for our family pics this year but I'm a little afraid that people will be upset at not being able to see the kids in real life. Jes is just pretty artistic, and on top of that he hates having pictures taken. Maybe I could take pics of the kids with a cheap camera and include them. Not sure.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
But I've gotta have the blue hair!
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Purple hair? [Razz]

that is a great idea....I have not seen anything like it.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Very, very nicely done. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cool! Would you consider taking on some for commission?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow - that is amazing! What an incredivle idea, and so well done. [Smile]
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Shan, sure. Drop me a line. Email's in the profile. [Smile]
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I'm impressed. That's a great drawing of your family. And what a cute idea!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
E-mail's off and away! [Smile]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so cool.

Edited to add: my favorite is the baby! Gosh, you're good.

[ November 21, 2004, 01:55 AM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Bev, that is awesome... and I'll think about commissioning you as well (too bad I'm Jewish, right?). You rock! That is SO cool!

I wish I were that creative.

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
That's so cool!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
::impressed::
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Very, very cute.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
wow, that is good!

it is very cute as well [Smile]

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Thanks all of you! I really appreciate it. You see, I haven't been drawing much lately. I have been focusing more on music and performace. I even started getting down on myself that I wasn't *really* and artist. (You know, that EVIL voice in the back of your head?)

Raia, while this set up might not work for you, there are endless possibilities. Being Jewish is never a problem by any means. [Big Grin]

MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
SO cool [Smile]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, that is cute. I like it.

Wait, a guinea pig... I hold a vendetta against the things, I personally um... Well, let's just say they fear the blender near me.

But, you named it Ender... Now that's just... gyah. How dare you!

Really though, good card.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome drawing, Bev. [Cool]
Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Raia, while this set up might not work for you, there are endless possibilities. Being Jewish is never a problem by any means.
[Big Grin]

Excellent. Good to know. We should talk! [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail]

Could you draw a nativity picture using Sauron, Orcs, nazgul and...oh, ok...I'll take my medicine and go back to the padded cell. [Blushing]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice! Looks great.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

[Laugh] Eduardo

Raia, my email is in my profile. Let me know if you want to work something out. [Smile]

Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
That is so awesome! What a great idea and you are quite the artist!
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, that IS awesome, beverly!
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.