FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What's your weather like?

Author Topic: What's your weather like?
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a beautiful day just outside of Louisville. Temperature is around 62 degrees, and it is wonderfully sunny. The huge tree in my backyard decided to become lovely overnight; it's a giant cloud of yellow leaves currently. It's also nice and breezy. I can hear my windchimes - the wooden ones that make a great "donk donk" sound and the copper ones that Mr. Opera made me. What's your weather like today?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Get it while you can, Space Opera, there's a cold front moving in on you.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
It's snowing!
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
*Gets it, has it, and it's goooood* [Razz]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
29 degrees and windy, but it's clear, sunny, and beautiful. The sun is sparkling off the Mississippi so much that when I just turned around to look at it my eyes dazzled and I'm seeing spots. All the leaves are off the trees, but I like the crunch under my feet. It's a gorgeous day. Oh, and there are people moving around on the riverboats, too, and a big flock of geese coming through. Perfect autumn day.

[ November 24, 2004, 02:08 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Rain, rain, and more rain. We're on flood watch.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Da_Goat
Member # 5529

- posted      Profile for Da_Goat           Edit/Delete Post 
It's sunny with a blue sky. The snow that's left on the ground is reflecting the sun to make everything more blindingly bright.
Posts: 2292 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Rain drops are fallin' on my head.
And it's cold. *hmph*
But I have windchimes..so that kind of cheers me up.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

ElJay, I love your description. My favorite part is the river. I adore rivers; I have no idea why. I'm going to be so sad when we move and I no longer go across the Ohio River so often.

space opera

TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
44 degrees and falling, with rain. It'll be snowing tomorrow, although it should be warm enough not to stick around long.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Just two days ago, I walked home from the bus carrying my coat, because I was too warm.

Went out to lunch today, and froze. Wind and rain and sleet. Very icky and messy. I am not looking forward to crossing the river on my way home tonight.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Smile] Thank you. My office is on the 7th floor of a building right on the bluff, overlooking the river. The wall behind me is floor-to-ceiling windows, stretching about 20 feet. Of course, it's behind me. But I love watching the seasons change on the river... the bluff on the other side is covered with trees, so it's great when the leaves change, but even better when they're just budding out in the spring, and covered with that light lime green after 6 months of slush and greyness. And I keep a pair of binoculars in my desk, so I can get a close up on the birds sometimes, or the crew team that practices out of the yacht club all summer. I love the river. [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, here's a shocker. It's clear in Tucson.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the fro
Member # 2070

- posted      Profile for the fro   Email the fro         Edit/Delete Post 
It's cold but damp outside. It's rained the last 3 days. I look out my window and see a line of black which is the ground. A line of blue way off in the distance. And then a line of really dark grey which is the overcastness of today.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
We have a depressing low, gray clouds sitting over Utah Valley. It's not an inversion layer, but it's pretty close. You can't quite see the top of Mt. Timpanogos.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
It's snowing.
Stupid michigan.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And I keep a pair of binoculars in my desk, so I can get a close up .. the crew team that practices out of the yacht club all summer. I love the river.
[ROFL] ElJay -- you are just so classy...

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
KSNW WEATHER
@ 1:00pm
38 F Mostly sunny
WIND: N 15 mph
HUMIDITY: 64%
PRESSURE: 29.98S
Wind Chill: 28 F

Snowed last night, but most all is melting off with the sunlight of today.

Unfortunately my building has no windows whatsoever, so I had to just check the "webcam" page once in awhile to see the outside. It is either that -- or take up smoking....

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
DC Metro area (Montgomery County, MD): Rain.

I envy those of you with snow...

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey! You cut out the part about looking at the birds! That's why I brought them in... [Grumble] [Wink]
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Snow/Slush/Rain/Cold

Dear weather:

Make up your mind!!!!

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
first snow here. pic
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Sunny, and just a hair under 70 degrees. Ahh yes, winter has finally arrived.

Feyd Baron, DoC

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Rain. [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
84 degrees, with 7 mph trade winds... just about perfect.

We've been expecting a major storm all week, but I think it was all a hoax.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Bah - had to make a courier run in "Flash Flood/Intense Thunderstorm" warnings.

A balmy 60ish degrees with the storm front finally blowing over.

The rain was coming down so hard, it was sheeting off of cars and creating ghost images in the rain - really cool stuff.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Lets see, I live near Seattle, so it must be raining and in the 50's.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's 27 and windy here today, but was mostly clear and occasionally even sunny. I hear there's a major snowstorm happening to the south, though, near Lake Michigan.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ReikoDemosthenes
Member # 6218

- posted      Profile for ReikoDemosthenes   Email ReikoDemosthenes         Edit/Delete Post 
almost non-stop rain, lately...the temperature is fluctuating from near freezing to a bit warmer...and we are watching the snow-line on the mountains rise and fall, knowing that there is only a minimal chance that we will actually get any snow...
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
37 deg. now-- this morning though my locks were frozen shut on my car!!
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's snowing.
Stupid michigan.

Hey! I like the snow. especially when it got me out of going to school. [Big Grin] I'm probably going to have to go to Robb's place this winter to see any snow. He lives an hour and twenty minutes outside San Diego, and apparently he has snow. I don't think I'll get any where I'm at. It's just cloudy with a slight chill.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
What Architraz Warden said. It hit 68 degrees here in the Phoenix area today. It's currently about 62 degrees. Isn't winter wonderful? [Big Grin]

edited for a capitalization error

[ November 24, 2004, 08:22 PM: Message edited by: Derrell ]

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I started off the day in a tank top, now I've got a jacket on. [Big Grin] It's delightfully crisp and chilly and windy here. It gives me hope that maybe it's actually going to get semi-cold soon!!
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
The high today was close to 70, but it was windy off and on all day. At times the temperature dipped down below 60 -- especially before the late morning. Sunny and mostly clear.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, it's cold.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
Pouring with rain, gusting up to 95 km, about 48 degrees F. Yay, Auckland Spring. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
77 and showers. Pretty gloomy day actually.

But the garden likes it. [Smile]

And it was 99 last weekend so it's nice to have some cooler weather.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we got lots of snow on Wednesday, it was cold and beautiful yesterday for Thanksgiving, and now it's warming up and the snow is slushing out on me. Blech. But at least I survived cooking and hosting... and now I have soup stock cooking.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
It's hooot...too much...
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Way too mild here in southern Missouri. Last year our first fall frost was 4 weeks late. This year, 3 weeks late... and we've only had 3 frosts so far, with the low getting down to 26F. Weird. It means for longer harvests, but also means that there's probably gonna be more bugs next year, thanks to all the mild weather.
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
It's cold here (though warmer today) and too dark (though at least it was sunny for the few hours the sun was up). What am I doing way up north here in the temperate zone? This is not my home. I'm moving to the equator.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.