FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Snow!

Author Topic: Snow!
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
*jumps up and down!*

Today, as I walked out of my 2 o'clock class, it was snowing!! And it kept on snowing, and some of it even stuck (though not much).

As a DC native who loves snow, this is very exciting for me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still waiting for some ice so I can really try out the All Wheel Drive on my car (I got a taste of it driving through Wyoming...It tastes good). But it just WON'T snow. And this is Rexburg. We haven't even gotten an inch yet and it's December! That NEVER happens. We get blizards in OCTOBER for crying out loud!!! [Grumble] (I've never used that smiley I don't think)
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Boris, please just rewmember a couple of things...

First, all-wheel dive only helps you drive....not stop...

And Second, it doesn't get you out of snow drifts, it just gets you 3 feet further into them in the first place if you forget point one.

Kwea

[ November 30, 2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
The first thought when I saw it now was that Snow is a name for bastard children.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I know all that Kwea, what I'm looking forward to is the capability to actually have my car move forward without spinning the wheels more than they need to. Along with that, I've never had ABS before, so that's another big bonus on Ice. I'm very used to driving on snow without the two, and have only been stuck in parking lots, which AWD would probably help with. So don't worry, I'm quite aware of the fact that AWD and ABS are useless if you are careless [Smile]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I really really hate ABS. This truck I have is the first vehicle I own that has ABS. And it seems to kick in at the smallest little thing, and makes it so I can't stop on a dime, etc.

...not to mention the fact that it doesn't allow me to go into a powerskid for fun...

[Big Grin]
Farmgirl
(oh -- and it's snowing here too!)

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
You'll get over the novelty, snow sucks.

Move to the south, its warmer here.

And we have sweet tea...

and cornbread...

yeah...snow sucks

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Still no snow in Montreal... [Grumble]

Enjoy yours, though! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Snow is good.

Unfortunately, the little that stuck melted. There will be more...

And no, I don't think I'll get over the novelty and start hating snow. I lived way up north one year. Lots of snow, and I loved all of it. [Smile]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.