FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Photo Shop Question...

Author Topic: Photo Shop Question...
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
does anyone here know how to use photoshop? If so, would you please tell me how I could hide my midriff on this picture?
here

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yoohoo! Annie!
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
You mean annie the girl in the picture?
You know her?

[ December 03, 2004, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: Altįriėl of Dorthonion ]

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
No, no.

I mean Annie here is our resident PhotoShop expert.

But several others here know it as well...

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

oh, well then, I'll e-mail Annie to see if she can help. Thanks for telling me.
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
I presume you are the one showing midriff at the left.

It would be a big job, you would have to use a combination of copy/paste and the clone tool(s) to replicate the shirt, masking around the fingers in front of you, as well as create a mask of the shadow cast by the arm then use that mask to burn a shadow over the cloned shirt. The spot between the fingers would be really tough, as would getting the lower hem of your shirt to replicate all the way across the bottom since much of it is blocked by her arm.

I gave it a shot for a few minutes and it's really tough. The wrinkles/folds in the fabric are a problem, too. Because of the way the shadows are falling behind you, you would probably need to have a little midriff showing in front.

I am somewhat skilled but by no means an expert, so others' mileage may vary.

[ December 03, 2004, 03:25 PM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

thx for your help, may I see what you accomplished? I might be able to use those to doing that. Indeed i am the one with the blue shirt. I need to do this because of our school dress code... (I was wearing a jacket that day, so the narks didn't see me)
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
I discarded since it looked terrible. I need to finish writing a couple tutorials, first, then will try again later.

If Annie's the expert, I'd still mail her. [Smile]

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't try to lengthen the shirt, it would take forever to get it right.

Instead, just select your midriff and play with hues until it's a color you like, then use the cloning tool to remove your navel. Bingo! Undershirt.

Here's a quick example - http://www.chrisbridges.com/yb.jpg

A few minutes adding folds to your "shirt" at the beltline would also help with this.

[ December 03, 2004, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
blue belly!

I assume this picture's going to be in the yearbook? Will it be in grayscale or color?

[ December 03, 2004, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

The effect was cool, but the blue was rather weird...Would you place a link to the PSD, I'll work on it and see what I can come up with.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I just chose a color more or less at random to illustrate the idea. No PSD, I used Paint Shop Pro to adjust the jpg (our office Photoshop is on another computer and people might wonder what the heck I was doing...).

Another advantage to just adusting the hue is that all the shadows will match as well. You could soften the edges a bit to make it look more like cloth, but by the time it's reduced for your yearbook I doubt it would be noticeable.

[ December 03, 2004, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Yeah, I had tried that, too, but it wasn't looking as good for me as Chris got it.
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

the yearbook is all color this year, so I guess it will show.
Edit: the hue you used reminded me of the Blue Men Group...

[ December 03, 2004, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: Altįriėl of Dorthonion ]

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

Less electric.
It looks okay when reduced. Any idea what the target size is?

[ December 03, 2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Intelligence3 ]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I tried black...
Here

Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
here, try this.

http://www.seashanty.org/hr/yb_shopped_by_brianberlin.jpg

2.2 mb

email me if you need the photoshop source.

brian.berlin@gmail.com

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

I would very much appreciate the PSD.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the fact that in Alt's photo, you can "clearly" see that the guy standing beneath her is looking right up her shirt. [Wink]

[ December 09, 2004, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: TomDavidson ]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah... [ROFL]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

he just read that. I'm on Year Book class right now... [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

So is he denying it or not? [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Me:Hey dude, a question for you.

Guy, just looks at post, reads, nods while laughing and:
quote:
I was not!

Corwin
Member # 5705

And you trust him?! [Roll Eyes]
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
the whole psd was 67 megs - i'm not going to spend the whole day uploading that when you already have most of the image yourself. so i merged all the shirt layers and pasted it and the hand into it's own psd

http://www.seashanty.org/hr/yb_torso_hand.psd

i don't promise that the hand and shirt are lined up perfectly in this version - you can copy each layer then just paste it on top of your existing psd. make sure the hand is on top and that the torso lines up nicely - just above the belt line and on the left (girl's right).

comments welcome if you need me to touch it up.

BB

[ December 09, 2004, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: Brian_Berlin ]

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

not really.... [Razz]
no wonder he looks so happy in the picture... [Mad] the perv! [Wink]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

thanks, I just put it in my server.
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

cool - deleting them from mine
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
Why does this need any photoshopping at all? I think you look good in this picture.
Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

school's stupid dresscode.
Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
I need to do this because of our school dress code...
There's the answer. And she knows she looks well, don't you, Alty? [Wink]

Edit: Drat, she beat me to it...

[ December 09, 2004, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: Corwin ]

Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

yes I beat you to it.
^.~

Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
So in your school bellybuttons don't exist? What kind of school is this that they are so uptight?
Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

igh school. acording to the dress code, we aren't allowed to show our midriffs or have really short skirts because they "disrupt the learning environment". bastards. You see boys showing their freakin boxers all the time.
Corwin
Member # 5705

quote:
disrupt the learning environment
Errr... True, but who cares?! [Smile] Hmmm... Should we start a campaign to have a smiley with midriff and short skirt? I can already see the answers to that question... [Evil Laugh]
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Yay!!! You've got my support!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.