FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Last Post Thread #2

Author Topic: Last Post Thread #2
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
The first one gor B0rken, so we may as well continue here...
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Why don't you wait until the TRUE second last post thread breaks before you do that?

The Last Post Thread Next Generation

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
thanks! i hadn't seen it.
^.^

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

You're welcome. [Smile]

Sorry... didn't mean to be harsh... I'm in an annoyed mood at the moment. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually that is the true third Last Post Thread, not the second.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Then this one is the fourth [Razz]
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what happens in this situation in a monarchy, don't you?

War of succession! Gedditon!

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

which is the second then?
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I can picture the day when the first 10 pages of hatrack are all the various last post and hug threads. [Smile] ))))))))))))0
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
*sniffs*
I smell a Last Post thread.
Mmm, mmm, good.

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
well, there are a lot of hug threads, we could at least fill one page with the two of them.
Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"I can picture the day when the first 10 pages of hatrack are all the various last post and hug threads."

I'd rather not, if it's all the same to you. [Wink]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

This one too! [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Last Post
Member # 7092

- posted      Profile for Last Post           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind if the first page of Hatrack is all about me.
Posts: 16 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take any last post I can get.
Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
digging_holes
Member # 6237

- posted      Profile for digging_holes   Email digging_holes         Edit/Delete Post 
And another one.
Posts: 1996 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Does anyone besides me remember how the very first last post thread got started?

Gather round, ye newbies, and I shall relate the lore of the last post thread.

Long long ago, in the early days of the UBB version of hatrack, some forgotten genius made a thread complaining that every thread they posted on died. They just knew they were the thread killer. I think everyone feels like a thread killer sometimes. Does that ever happen to you? Like some extremely interesting topic is generating much discussion until the moment you say your piece, then boom. The thread drops to the bottom like the proverbial brick in water. What did you do? Do you smell bad? Why did everyone leave as soon as you posted? Maybe you're <doom doom doom> The Thread Killer.

Well, no sooner did someone post that observation, than everyone else chimed in to say that no, no, no it was they who were the thread killers! Then the thread itself became a sort of competition of who would demonstrate their thread-killing prowess by killing the thread about thread-killing. And the rest, my dear newbs, is history.

As for those who fail to appreciate the joy and beauty of last post threads, I would guess they are the same ones who don't see the point of pure mathematics, or working crossword puzzles. A subscription to Games Magazine would be a bad present for people like that, for upon them it would be utterly wasted, alas. And I would expect they also detest John Cage and don't think Zen koans are funny. But if you read and ponder all the last post threads very carefully, the secrets of the universe will be revealed to your understanding, as well as why Bodidharma came to China and the difficult matter of whether a dog has a Buddha nature. So I recommend them to everyone, particularly those who don't see the point. [Smile]

jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't some forgotten genius. It was Yebor1, sheesh.
Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Well, *I* had forgotten him, so that means he was forgotten, at least by someone, and he's certainly a genius, so I stand by my version! [Wink]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bump...?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
AT LAST, IT IS FINISHED!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
It is? [Big Grin]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

As for those who fail to appreciate the joy and beauty of last post threads, I would guess they are the same ones who don't see the point of pure mathematics, or working crossword puzzles. A subscription to Games Magazine would be a bad present for people like that, for upon them it would be utterly wasted, alas. And I would expect they also detest John Cage and don't think Zen koans are funny.

Hm. I love pure mathematics and crossword puzzles, and have a subscription to Games Magazine. I also tolerate John Cage, but don't find zen koans particularly funny, although they're occasionally intriguing.

And yet I find last post threads insipid, egotistical, and ridiculously twee.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalD
Member # 6222

- posted      Profile for GaalD   Email GaalD         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom is obviously trying to get the last post here [Big Grin]
Posts: 853 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

And I think that he has obviously failed.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Post. Me.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much jebus for clarifying who the mysterious 'forgotten genius' was. I've heard the Last Post Legend quite a few times, but always it was attributed to 'some forgotten genius'. Mystery solved.

And I now forbid anyone else to post on this thread.

(Worth a shot anyways)

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
suminonA
Member # 8757

- posted      Profile for suminonA   Email suminonA         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!

“Subliminal message”: Please don’t let this be the last post!

Whatever I write here, and whatever anyone writes in their posts (on this thread or others like it), what you should read “between the lines” is just that. This kind of threads are just the result of a “genius” idea, to keep a thread going forever. And it would be really brilliant if they actually worked. But as everyone can read even in the posts above, there were OTHERS (now known as ::legends:: [Razz] ) that … FAILED. So they don’t work, and a true genius would ignore the subliminal message (now obviously revealed) and try to find a REALLY interesting topic that would go forever. Oh, you can’t? Then please don’t let this be the last post!

A.

Posts: 1154 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Something profound.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
Post. Me.
Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

Darn it all!
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
We are the knights who say Ni!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

No, you aren't!
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

Yes we are!
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

I seriously doubt it.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.