FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Response to liberal "we're sorry"site.

Author Topic: Response to liberal "we're sorry"site.
michaele8
Member # 6608

- posted      Profile for michaele8   Email michaele8         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.yourewelcomeeverybody.com/gallery.php?page=5

First some liberals posted pics on a site saying they were sorry Bush got elected and then some libs from overseas set up a site of appreciation. Now someone has put up a site countering both of them. [Big Grin]

Posts: 232 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what was so insightful and pointed about the previous sites' commentary that it demanded a full response? Were conservatives simply starved of any outlet for self-congratulation? [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Warning: This post may be slightly snarky.

Hey, I guess we should just be pleased the spelled the contraction "you're" correctly. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Good golly.

At least the liberals have sincerity on their side. The conservatives just have. . . vitriol, apparently. Not even funny vitriol, which would redeem this effort.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
I like sites like this one. It makes Ultra-conservatives look like idiots. Yes we are laughing at you, not with you. [ROFL]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
PLEASE.

This site is exactly - no more, no less - as stupid as the previous sites.

I could pull out at least as many vitriolic or poorly-spelled examples from the other sites.

I think the I'm sorry site was ridiculous. This site, standing on its own, would be more ridiculous. But as a response, it's exactly proportional.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Dagonee, I agree that neither side has the monopoly on poor spelling. I really was pleased, though, and in fact am always pleased, when people spell contractions like that correctly. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo, I hope I win one of those "I only support gay marriage if both chicks are hot" t-shirts. [Razz]

Honestly. I don't want any hot people to get married. They should be single, and available, to me.

[ December 06, 2004, 09:44 AM: Message edited by: vwiggin ]

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
That site is so not flattering to conservatives. I mean, the liberal site had pictures of kids and pets, whimsical collages and, yeah, a few cliched comments (How can you hug children with nuclear arms, etc.) and partisan spew, but the conservative site is like this massive wall of cliche. I don't think I've ever seen that many pictures of guns on one website. Lordy.

I do admit that there were some amusing pictures on that site, though it is clear that liberals are way better looking than conservatives. [Smile]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
Surely this site was published by liberals trying ot make conservatives look stupid. I voted Bush, but...eeek.

Anyway, is This person a missionary for the Mormon Church?

In firefox, the link comes up blank, but if you hit enter, the picture shows.

[ December 06, 2004, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: lem ]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That was my first reaction to the "I'm sorry" site, so unfortunately I think this is probably for rule.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
I have got to see the “I'm sorry” site again. What is the address? I remember thinking it was silly and moronic, but after reading the “were not sorry site,” I am scared of conservatives.

I don't remember the sorry site having so much cussing. Scary looking men dropping the F-bomb waving guns telling liberals to get out of America makes me nervous.

There was actually a black woman who wants the crusades back. I just don't remember seeing anything as offensive in the other site. Stupid? Yes. Offensive? No.

Maybe it is because I am conservative and am offended by the We are not sorry site.

*shivers*
[Angst]

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

There was at least one "I'm sorry" shot advocating assasinating the president. "We'd shoot him but then we'd be stuck with Cheney" or something like that.

There were MANY Hitler comparisons.

Dagonee

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
There have been many Hitler comparisons on this site.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]
Isn't it great that we have an open discussion about politics in this country?

[ December 06, 2004, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: WheatPuppet ]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There have been many Hitler comparisons on this site.
That does NOT make it okay. Hatrackers are better than that.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
There's one that says:

"third term anyone? change constitution" which is, you have to admit, worrying.

Another misconception seems to be the equation of "pinko commies" with "liberals"... [Angst]

The "I'm sorry" one was childish, but the trashing Europe thing is not exactly pleasant either.

[ December 06, 2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
That does NOT make it okay. Hatrackers are better than that.

I agree, but I'm just pointing out that liberals making such comparisons isn't unusual and if WheatPuppet's remark was directed at me then it appears some people think making the comparison is OK.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the we except your apology site was so cute.
Especially the adorable guy from Finland.. *sigh*

But, the conservative one made me scared, what is up with the big guns? I once saw a picture of a little kid weilding a big gun at a store one time which has nothing to do with anything...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't. I was referring to the jingoistic or ideological sentiments put forth in the linked site. Looking up the liberal "sorry site", I'm inclined to say that it is guilty of the same thing.

[in repsonse to nfl]

[ December 06, 2004, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: WheatPuppet ]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.