FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A call for prayers, good vibes, and well wishes

Author Topic: A call for prayers, good vibes, and well wishes
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
My 15-month old neice Avery (the most beautiful little girl in the entire world) took a bad fall about a week ago. No one saw it happen. She ended up with a gash on her forehead with a big, purplish lump. The next day her eyes were black and blue.

A few days ago she began acting strangely (my sister said she was listless), so they took her for a CAT scan. There was no sign of a fracture or bleeding, so they said she was probably fine.

Well, my mom and dad were watching her yesterday, and something happened. My mom said that they just "lost her", like she wasn't there. She said it was very scary. So they are taking her to see a neurologist.

I am very, very scared and worried right now. I love her so much (it's because I love my younger sister very much) and I want her to be okay. So please, if you can spare some prayers or vibes for Avery, I'd really appreciate it.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J T Stryker
Member # 6300

- posted      Profile for J T Stryker   Email J T Stryker         Edit/Delete Post 
prayers your way...
Posts: 1094 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch
Member # 6317

- posted      Profile for FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch   Email FriendlyNeighborhoodWitch         Edit/Delete Post 
We're sending healing vibes your way. You can be assured that you're both in our thoughts.

I hope she'll be okay. Please keep us updated on what happens.

Posts: 44 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes. [Frown]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope it works out for the best.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Send both to you. Good luck.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Prayers for you and your niece.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I hope she'll be alright.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] Poor sweet child. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
xnera, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My prayers are with your niece and you and the family, too.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be praying for them too.

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
How scary! [Frown]

Prayers and good wishes heading toward little Avery. Hugs headed toward you. (((((xnera)))))

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Sending my good thoughts...
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
~~~Avery~~~
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
*big hugs* Be sure to let us know when you hear more, okay?
Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

I'm so sorry. I'm thinking about you!! *hugs*

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((xnera)))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
Just came back from lunch at the Walnut Room with my sisters and their brood to celebrate my sisters' birthdays (the older one was yesterday, and the younger one tomorrow). So I got to see Miss Avery, who was doing her CUTEST BABY IN THE WORLD!!! routine. She looked absolutely adorable in her black velvet top and red plaid skirt, with her hair done up in curls. [Smile] Anyway, now that I've had a chance to see her since she fell, I am feeling much relieved. She was acting normally all day. A day or two ago she wouldn't eat and she threw up, but today she was happily scarfing down bread and mac&cheese. My sister is calling for an appointment with the neurologist tomorrow, but it looks like she is mostly okay.
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
xnera, I'm glad to hear everything seems to be ok! And 'Happy Birthday' to your sisters!
[The Wave]

Miss Avery... Hmm... Reminds me of this song! [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh good. [Smile] Falls are scary things. I'm glad that she is acting more normally now.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so relieved for you, X-ey!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am relieved, but after what I went through I hope they do a thorough check-up!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds wonderful, xnera. But I agree with Elizabeth -- so I'm glad she's still going to see the neurologist. (Hopefully just to get a clean bill of health.)
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.