FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Long Absence

Author Topic: My Long Absence
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
Though I know not everyone pays attention to my comings and goings, I'm sure some of you I've spent a lot of time talking to have noticed my recent absence from both Hatrack proper and AIM. In fact, I have been offline, for the most part, for nearly three weeks, perhaps more. This is not the result of computer problems. Though I am not precisely leaving Hatrack--I plan to return in time--my absence is by design.

Unlike some of my fellow introverts, I find online conversations no less stressful than conversations in real life. They may, in fact, be more stressful, as I seem to spend a good deal more time playing social games, trying to avoid offense. For this I am quite ill-suited. I believe that this is a large part of the reason I have felt so irritable and exhausted lately (though other factors certainly also play a role). Spending hours scrolling through the pages of messages when I should still be in (or should already have gone to) bed doubtless also does not help.

The frustrating thing is that I do not actually want solitude. In fact, I realized this is happening in part because I have been spending so much time seeking a girlfriend. But even the best match is unlikely to succeed as long as my energy level remains so low.

Therefore I will not be back online on any regular basis for some time. I will answer e-mails--albeit sporadically--but I probably will not see responses even to this message. I regret taking this step, but I desperately need to recharge. I will return when I return--hopefully not too far in the future. If all goes well, perhaps I will have had the time and energy for more creative endeavors.

Best wishes to you all,
Mabus (aka Lee)

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
(((((Mabus)))))
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
See you when you've recharged...
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, Mabus... I understand. Good luck with that. *hug*
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.