FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Two legendary singers fighting cancer

Author Topic: Two legendary singers fighting cancer
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently discovered that both James Brown and Mary Travers are fighting Cancer. [Eek!]

Mary Travers of Peter, Paul, and Mary has Leukemia. Peter, Paul, and Mary are probably best known for the song Puff, the Magic Dragon .

James Brown has Prostate Cancer, and will be having surgery tomorrow.

Best wishes to both of them.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, that's too bad. Leukemia is a horrible disease. Peter Paul and Mary was the first live act I ever saw (my mom was a big hippie).
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

From what I read, she's currently undergoing chemo.

I'm worried about James and the prostate cancer. I had a friend who died from it.

Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Kate Wolf died of leukemia.

And I don't like James Taylor, but I certainly wish him the best with his cancer, 'cause I wouldn't wish anyone ill with cancer. [Frown]

[ December 10, 2004, 04:21 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

James Taylor? It's James brown that has Cancer.
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Really Derrell? I was under the impression that prostate cancer was so slow growing that it wasn't that much of a threat. Huh. That's too bad. How old was your friend?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

He was in his early 50's
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Prostate cancer can be slow; or quite quite aggressive.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seriousfun
Member # 4732

- posted      Profile for seriousfun   Email seriousfun         Edit/Delete Post 
(JT is not AFAIK ill) but Dan Fogelberg has been recently diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
I grew up on PP&M! Puff is one of the songs that makes me cry every time...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Also, Jerry Orbach who plays Lennie Briscoe on Law and Order has prostate cancer, but apparently he's recovering well.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. I just saw PP&M in concert last year. I wish her the best, and I'm glad I finally got the chance to see them live. :-\
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Cancer sucks. [Frown]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Ic, I saw them perform the year before. I went with blacwolve.
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.