FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Do you know who the Pashtun are? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Do you know who the Pashtun are?
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
This is what happens when I sleep. Interesting threads get started and I don't find out about it until they've wandered off in other directions.

About the Pashtun - I had heard of them, but as Pathans. I wasn't aware - or I forgot - that they were the same thing. I first learned about them when I read a book by M M Kay - The Far Pavilions. Historical fiction. Takes place in about the 1850s if I recall correctly during the Afghan wars. I haven't read it in a few years, and there were spots that bored me, so I flipped until the dialogue/action started up again, but overall, a painless and entertaining way to learn about Indians, Afghans, and some history of that area.

And now that I've been reminded of how much I don't know about the Pushtun, I'll have to go reading those articles mentioned above. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, BannaOJ.

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.