FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Short stories?

Author Topic: Short stories?
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmk. I was at a bookstore this weekend and I was going to see what all the fuss was about with this "Ender Series" or something, but all I could find by Card were short stories. Is that what they are? Short stories? There was a small book of 4 short stories called First Meetings, and a big one called Maps in a Mirror. (I think..something to do with Map and Mirror)
[Dont Know]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, the book you want to read first is called "Ender's Game" and it's a novel.

The rest of the Ender series are also novels. They are:

Speaker for the Dead
Xenocide
Children of the Mind

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Try looking in a bookstore. In the sci-fi section.

(you can also look deep inside your soul and find it there too)

[ December 13, 2004, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget Ender's Game's parallel novel, Ender's Shadow and the rest of the Bean series:

Shadow of the Hegemon
Shadow Puppets
(And the soon to be released) Shadow of the Giant

Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zamphyr
Member # 6213

- posted      Profile for Zamphyr           Edit/Delete Post 
I know I first read the short story version of Ender's Game in The Best Military Science Fiction Of The 20th Century
Posts: 349 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Maps in a Mirror has the original short story of "Ender's Game" in it as well. Along with a number of OSC's early short fiction (Which is all pretty good. I especially enjoyed the Snowflake/Dog story, though I can't remember the name of it).
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.