FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What are your TRUE expectations of Bokonon?

Author Topic: What are your TRUE expectations of Bokonon?
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Was it something like this?

Well?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparently so. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely not. My expectations are to know you better and understand your true philosophic ideology of this level of understanding we're in (as DeCartez would've said).

Jonny

[ December 16, 2004, 06:29 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
More of an old, fat, balding guy with a wheezy laugh. [Smile]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I expect Bokonon to taste like chocolate.

That's my expectation of everything today.

Apparently I'm chocolate-deprived.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I expect you to be non-chocolative, Worshirster! You remind me of my mother, she has a monthly addiction to it.
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Absolutely not. My expectations are to know you better and understand your true philosophic ideology of this level of understanding we're in (as DeCartez would've said).
Yeah, me too. Also, more pictures of you without your shirt on.

YOWZA!

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, that's Bok? I need to be nicer to him.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

So your relations are based on looks? [No No]
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ, here you go. Sumptuous Goodness
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
No kidding. Bok's smokin'. How did I not know this before?

[ December 16, 2004, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

No, my relations aren't based on that. My stalking habits are occasionally based on that, but since I stalk Jon Boy, you can tell even that isn't a hard and fast rule. [Wink]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
So your relations are based on looks?
Yes, all of them. Including my grandmother. If she doesn't stop the ravages of time pretty soon, I'm not going to be able to come over anymore.

Shame.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Am I the only TRULY decent man here? [Dont Know]

*Thinks about secrets he holds* Forget the previous sentence! [Angst]

beverly
Member # 6246

Jon, just a tip, don't take half the things people say here seriously. [Wink] After awhile you'll get the hang of when people are talking seriously and when they're being silly.
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

If by 'decent' you mean 'unable to grasp and play along with the subtleties of banter' then I'd say: No, not the only one here. But the number is pretty small.
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie does make you feel like you're the only decent person around, yes.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I was being humorous.

The thing is that the smilies here are too serious.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm decent.

I had to get decent, because the UPS guy came today. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't be. [Wink]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

Aaaand, of course Hatrack has to get used to your particular style of humor also. [Smile]
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Not only Hatrack. I'd generalise it to 'Earth'.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

quote:
Ralphie does make you feel like you're the only decent person around, yes.
Compliment accepted.

Howard - Sorry, kid. I'm merciless. But you called me classic in another thread so I have to like you.

Kayla
Member # 2403

::wonders about the secrets Jonathan holds::

::considers starting new thread to ask::

::realizes the dog sleeping under the computer table just let go the most god-awful fart::

::regains consciousness and wonders what she was talking about::

[ December 16, 2004, 07:05 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

*Thinks this is a dream at 2 AM.*

*Goes to sleeeeeeeeep.*

*Wonders why he puts Full Stops at the end of these.*

*Wonders why he wrote Full Stops with a capital.*

*Attempts to chase out possessing soul.*

*Remembers he doesn't believe in that.*

Kayla
Member # 2403

So, Jonathan, what secrets do you hold?

I'm in need of another stalkee named Jon/Jonathan, are you up for it?

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

I don't hold any secrets, except for 'true loves'. Oh, wait, I hold my atheism secret from some religious fanatics. And school teachers.

If you insist. Call me however you like, as long as it's not John, that makes me the PM of Australia.

Jonny

Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow . . . Bok's a hottie . . .
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

[taunt] Bok is a hottie... Bok is a hottie... hottie... hottie... hottie hottie wottie.... [/taunt]
Bokonon
Member # 480

Um, folks? I'm the one on the left. I agree though, the gal on the left _is_ a hottie. And she's mine! Mine!!

Well, I guess you all answered the first question, so my follow up is...

Did you know Bok was a post whore?

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes. A hot post whore. [Razz]
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Um, folks? I'm the one on the left. I agree though, the gal on the left _is_ a hottie.
Huh. And I thought you were a guy.
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

And, for no reason except that I want to: Let's eat Bok with Chicken [Evil Laugh]
Joldo
Member # 6991

Bok's a guy.

quote:
Man, what about us 27-year-old male heterosexuals?

This board has gotten so bigotted lately...

-Bok

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I know. I was making a joke. [Razz]
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

Ah yes, jokes. Stress from finals killed the part of my brain that recognizes humor.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I call you blok?
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
El Jay looks like he's sucking her face.

Or that she's demented.

Something.

[Razz]

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
My true expectations are that ya gotta catch 'em all. When does your trading card come out?

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Excuse me, but that is not me. I have never met Bok, and I am certainly not engaged to him.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Dar. Thought it was you.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
My expectation was to be there instead of Karen [Wink]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I expected better of you, Bok.

::shakes head in dissapointment::

Hobbes [Smile]

[ December 17, 2004, 02:26 AM: Message edited by: Hobbes ]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Doh, it's a left, then a right... Or was it right and a left?

Yeah, I'm an XY. And no, that isn't ElJay. I don't need to get those darn Methodists on my case! [Wink]

Hobbes, great. Now, not only am I a disappointment to my family and friends, but I am also a disappointment to my internet acquaintances...

-Bok

Bokonon
Member # 480

Kama, remind me again, your name is Polish for "tease", right?

-Bok

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Razz]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Bok,
Since our picnic, I truly believe that Kama called down the rain, just so she could display her hotness in wet clothes. Some people will use their powers for the darnedest things.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.