FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I'm gonna go take a shower!!

Author Topic: I'm gonna go take a shower!!
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(dances) It's my reward for being on schedule for finals. Yay for cleanliness!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad that you're rewarding yourself with life's little luxuries. [Smile]
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmm... Hot shower... I'll have to wait 'till tonight, but I will be in HOLLIDAYS !
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Showers create negative ions which supposedly raises seratonin levels and increase your general sense of well being. Supposedly. OK, according to infomercials. Carry on. [Smile]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
If one creates negative ions, one must also create positive ions. What do they do for mood, hmm?

Ryuko, yay for the time to take a luxurious shower! Yay for feeling scrubbed clean. [Big Grin] And double yay for sticking to your schedule! [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
The infomercial wasn't too specific on that, except somehow the ions, neagative or positive, would lower my car insurance. [Razz]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] The shower was partly for me, and partly for the people who have to be around me. [Wink]

I was surprised to find that my shampoo is much better at keeping my hair clean lately, though.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Drat! Stop in the lobby to buy some popcorn and Ryuko's shower scene is already over.

So when's the next showing?

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryuko,

One of the things about life that I will appreciate forever, after being hospitalized for weeks, is The Shower and The Toilet. Some people have near death experiences and praise the air, the wind, the mountains, whatever. Just give me plumbing, and the ability to stand under running water and sit on a flushable toilet. Ah, life!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If one creates negative ions, one must also create positive ions. What do they do for mood, hmm?
Rivka, too many positive ions make people restless and more prone to being irritable. Since you are in L.A., you can see this next time there's a Santa Ana Condition (I believe that's what they're calling it these days). Back in the day, we just called it a good, strong east wind. That wind (maybe all strong winds, I don't know) generates extra positive ions. I remember when I was in school, if there was too much east wind, the teachers - at some point - would just give up trying to teach anything, because no one was paying any attention.

I have to admit, I really love the east wind and miss it very much. The wind (from any direction) hardly ever blows very much around here. [Frown]

EDIT to add parenthesis where it should have already been. [Smile]

[ December 17, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: littlemissattitude ]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Plumbing is the jewel in the crown of western technological civilization. Anyone who has ever spent a week without it will agree. Power, heat, communications, transportation all pale by comparison to a nice warm bath and a good flush toilet.

<Sings the song of praise and thanksgiving for the twin deities of PVC pipe and Digester cultures> [Hail]

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I appreciate showers, baths, and the bathroom in general much more since having a baby. Those first few weeks I was hard pressed to find time to brush my teeth, much less wash my hair.

I am eternally grateful for all the relatives who came over and rocked the baby while I took a 20-minute shower.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
What makes me realize the joys of plumbing is a month without it. A month without showers or baths. A month of digging little holes in the ground and wiping with sticks, rocks, pine cones...

[Smile]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I need a shower after the bra thread started talking about...um...frogs. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.