FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Alexander the Great

Author Topic: Alexander the Great
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen the movie. But I have to say, the Vangelis soundtrack is truly excellent. Yay Vangelis! [Smile]
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Vangelis does the soundtrack? Awesome. I already wanted to see the movie, and now I kind of have to.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Everything I have heard about the movie points to it really sucking eggs.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, too, Icarus, but I still want to see it. And funny thing, after all the pans I read/heard, our local online movie listing gave it 3.5 stars.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
That's like a star per hour.
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but at least one of those stars is Angelina Jolie, so I'm game. [Big Grin]

(Ba-dump pssshh.)

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting to the point where I want to watch it just to see what images go along with the music. OK, the acting may be wooden, but surely there's no way to mess up the epic battles that go along with these drums?
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jar Head
Member # 7018

- posted      Profile for Jar Head   Email Jar Head         Edit/Delete Post 
It is a gay love-in! This is sickening trash, good music or not, I could not tell you, the images were so horrid that they blind the mind to anything else. The movie is the opposite of an instant classic, a flash in the pan homosexual propaganda flick that does not even touch on the major historical events and battles in the life of Alexander. Just his love for his boyfriend, oh and his mother. It is sick and sad.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of interest, did you consider the Aragorn/Arwen romance they pumped up for LotR a sickening love-in? [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

Alexander the Great had sex with men. It's a historical fact. Get over it.
Jar Head
Member # 7018

No it was a sweet love story of a boy and his immortal love. (Aragorn $ Arwen) Why would a chaste love with a 50 yr engagement be anything but ultimately romantic. A man who has to conquerer a demi-god to win the love of the fairest daughter of an immortal race.

Alexander also consulted the Oracle at Delphi, cut the Gordian knot and won forty major battles and had three wives, all of which got pushed aside for the gay love aspect, who cares if the norms of his times allowed men in the military to turn to each other for sex, this is not the most worthwhile lesson that can be drawn from these great campaigns or this mans life.

Posts: 117 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"who cares if the norms of his times allowed men in the military to turn to each other for sex"

Yes, I heard that as long as they didn't ask about it, or tell about it, that it was OK.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jar Head
Member # 7018

A plane crashes with a pair of men and one woman each from five countries: England, France, Italy, Greece, and Germany. They each form seperate housholds on the island segregated by nationality.
Each house makes its own arrangements about sex so that six months later the German couple has a strict schedual of rotation, one Italian man knifed the other over the woman, the French live in a happy threesome, the Greek men are a couple and they have the woman do their chores, and the English group is still waiting for someone to make introductions!

Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Buh?
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.