FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » you should be watching the GB/Jacksonville game

Author Topic: you should be watching the GB/Jacksonville game
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really like either team, but it is a great game.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm watching it. [Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome game [Smile]

EDIT: OH MAN!

That guy got clotheslined, that's horrible, they had to carry him off the field... [Eek!]

[ December 19, 2004, 07:21 PM: Message edited by: Just another Dharma bum ]

Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I, uh, turned it off.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That was awful [Frown]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I missed all the game up to Sorenson recovering the onside kick, what was so good about it?
Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I was there, and it was crap. The crowd spent more time booing and yelling about bad calls than anything else.

Maybe someone can explain to me why Driver's catch in the endzone toward the end of the game wasn't a touchdown. He caught the ball, his feet hit the ground, then it was stripped out of his hands. How much more control of the ball does a person need for a touchdown?

Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

The announcers kept saying that he didn't have control of it for long enough--he only got one foot on the ground when he looked like he had possession, then it got stripped.

Dunno.

Xaposert
Member # 1612

- posted      Profile for Xaposert           Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, bread and butter Jeni.... [Smile]
Posts: 2432 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

I don't think you have to have both feet on the ground. The ball has to break the plane.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I thought so too. But it's what the announcers said. [Dont Know]
Jeni
Member # 1454

I am also a bit curious why it took so long for the officials to decide to eject Darius from the game. They called the penalty, and it wasn't until like five minutes later and a lot of arguing with Green Bay folk that they finally sent him off the field. I'd have thought that was a no-brainer.
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
you have to have control of the ball though...they ruled that he never had control
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

What constitutes having control of the ball?
mackillian
Member # 586

Having the ball not being juggled around and tucked into your arm.
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
You have to get both feet down AND have control of the ball.

Driver did not get both feet down and never established control of the ball.

This was great game though...Jimmy Smith and Fred Taylor put me into my league's Superbowl!

[ December 20, 2004, 09:39 AM: Message edited by: Traveler ]

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
What Traveler said. There are two elements: You have to make a catch, and the ball has to break the plane.

To make the catch, control and two feet on the ground are required. I believe they can touch in succession, but I'm not sure. Once you make the catch, you possess the ball.

To score a touchdown, the ball must be in a player's possession while any part of it is across the plane. So if you have possession and enter the end zone, a touchdown is scored the instant the ball breaks the plane, even if you drop it immediately afterwards or no part of your body touches the end zone.

If you are catching the ball inside the end zone, the touchdown is scored the instant you have possession. And you don't have possession until both feet touch while you have control of the ball.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.