FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Christmas Letters (again)

Author Topic: Christmas Letters (again)
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Each year I hope others will post the Christmas letters they send out (if they do). And I post ours.
quote:
Dear Friends and Family,

We will start this year's letter with a small update on the current situation for each of us. After that, we will make you work. We will list a bunch of things that happened this year and you get to try to put them in the correct order. The answers can be found at the bottom of the letter.

Michael continues to enjoy being a stay-at-home Dad to our two very active boys (although it is thoroughly exhausting). Connie still works for CK Technologies. Since August, Connie has been able to come home for lunch every day to see her three boys. This is because her company moved to within a mile of our house.

Carl is a very energetic three and a half year old. He still wears his leg braces, but only at night. He has been off antibiotics since March and has remained infection free. He will probably always have a small bit of hydronephrosis (water in the kidneys), but not to a degree that it is detrimental. He talks up a storm and loves playing games on his computer, watching "The Backyardigans," and singing their theme song.

Timothy turned one in November. He started taking his first steps just weeks before his birthday. He is a cute, dimpled little boy (of course, we are not biased at all). He has several food allergies which are making his parents' lives difficult. So far, we know he is allergic to milk (it is amazing how many foods contain milk proteins), peas (and therefore, probably peanuts), and the most recent discovery of eggs. His eczema is mostly gone, except for his knees and ankles, which get irritated when he crawls. His weight is also an issue (he only gained 5 oz. in two months), so his pediatrician sent us to a nutritionist who gave us some ideas to help him gain weight.

And now the challenge. Many of you will know when some of these things happened, but can you place all of them? No prizes, since we're giving you the answers as well, but we hope you have fun. Happy Holidays!

1. Jacob William Sloan (Michael & Connie's nephew, Carl & Timothy's cousin) is born.
  2. Carl visits Disneyland with Uncle Lee, Aunt Maureen, cousins Callie, Sloan, and Logan.
  3. Michael's brother Dan and Dan's fiancee Becky get married.
  4. Carl attends (and passes with flying colors) his first swimming lessons.
  5. Carl visits Grandma in Arizona, who takes him for a week in Minnesota and Wisconsin.
  6. Connie stops taking Timothy to work, Michael is now a full-time stay-at-home-dad for two.
  7. We get central air conditioning installed in our house.
  8. Family wins $39 million in SuperLotto. About $12 million after taxes with cash payout.
  9. Timmy's dedication ceremony at Pleasant Valley Baptist Church.
  10. Carl visits the dentist for the first time, finds out he will undoubtedly need braces later on.
  11. The family spends a week at Grandma's in Arizona.
  12. Family trip to Chicago for "KamaCon" and to attend a Cubs game at Wrigley Field.
  13. Carl has foot surgery, the doctor having determined it to be necessary only on one foot.
  14. Connie resumes working four days a week, bringing Timothy to work with her.
  15. All four family members are hit by a rather inconsiderate strain of stomach flu.
  16. Doctor determines that Carl will need repeat surgery for his clubfoot.
  17. Massive brake failure in the van; no accident. No-cost repair due to a recalled pump.
  18. Carl gets very sick with the stomach flu. Parents terrified.
  19. Carl has a cystoscopy at Children's Hospital. Results show no urinary tract blockage.
  20. We all visit Grammy and Grampy in New York, where Carl operates a backhoe.
  21. Connie resumes full-time work.
  22. Michael receives his first root canal.
Love,
Michael, Connie, Carl, and Timothy

In the letters we sent out, we included the answer key. I'll post it here for you guys later, and you can see how well you did. *smile* We also included pictures with the letters. Most people only got one picture, but you can look at all nine.

So there you go. Anyone else wanna share?

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
can't wait to see the answers? I particularly want to know where H fits in.

quote:
He has been off antibiotics since March and has remained infection free.
I did not know that! That is AWESOME! [The Wave]

[ December 22, 2004, 02:12 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
There is so much joy in your children's faces. Yours and Mama's too, of course, but man -- your little guys glow with health and happiness.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, did YOU GUYS win the lottery How did I miss that? That is so great if you did!

And you kids are so adorable, a total blend of the two of you.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll bet the answer to H (lottery) is "NEVER".

Wow! SuperStation is one already! Time flies!

I've always wanted to do a Christmas letter to all family, because i enjoy receiving them from others. But I never seem to have the time, this time of year....

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I was going to ask which family won the lotto, too. I think he just put that in there to see if we were paying attention. [Wink]

I also thought Moose had a vasectomy, till I realized his name is Michael and Carl that had a cystoscopy. Must read more carefully. [Eek!]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Oops -- I meant for that to be a clarification. Michael=Moose, Connie=Squirrel, Carl=Mooselet, Timothy=Superstation. And I won't give you the entire chronological list yet, but I'll admit that H doesn't happen before anything else on the list.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Nobody else does holiday letters? *sadness* Anyway....

Answer Key: 1-N, 2-T, 3-P, 4-U, 5-F,
6-R, 7-C, 8-Q, 9-M, 10-E, 11-S, 12-G,
13-I, 14-D, 15-L, 16-V, 17-J, 18-A, 19-B,
20-K, 21-O. H scheduled for next year.

--Pop

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
H scheduled for next year.

*snort* Let us know how that goes, hmm?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Mooselet has the most expressive eyes! What beautiful children!!

I'll post my Christmas letter when I write it...I usually get around to sending out a mass email some time before the new year. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.