FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Advice from beer-lovers and gift-mavens?

Author Topic: Advice from beer-lovers and gift-mavens?
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I've got six pairs of awesome never-before-seen Belgian beers I had shipped straight from Belgium sitting in my dresser drawer at home. Mark's Gregorian birthday is tomorrow, which has always kind of sucked with him being Jewish and all. So, this year, we actually celebrated his real birthday on 25 Kislev, which also happens to be the first night of Hanukkah. Yay! I had gotten six pairs of Belgian beers for that birthday, too, but they weren't the coolest beers I could have gotten, and shortly after I found another online store with The Coolest Beers.

Uh, so if that was hard to follow, I have six pairs of 12oz beers that I'd like to give Mark tomorrow. Since his Jewish birthday coincided with Hanukkah, I simply gave him one pair for each of the first six nights. That was a lot of fun, even though I didn't have much else planned for him (new puppy and all). I'd like to do something more than simply hand him the box and say "congratulations!", but I'm not sure what to do. Money is nonexistent right now, and we've still got the new puppy so we can't be gone from the house for more than 4 hours at a time. I think a scavenger hunt for the bottles would be to complicated to set up in advance, and it's cold out.

So how else would you give someone 6 of something? I'd love to make him work for them, maybe with a game of some kind... could I make him gamble for them, or solve a series of riddles or something? I guess most of all I want to prolong the gift-giving experience, so it's not over in a flash. [Smile]

Any ideas?

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't you in Florida? You don't know what *cold* is [Wink] What if you put them in like various drawers of his dresser or in different cupoards in the kitchen?

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

No, we're staying in Ithaca this year. It was -15 with wind chill on Monday. [Big Grin]

I'm thinking about throwing together a quick web collection of word games and puzzles he has to solve... I found a few good ones on the web.... but can I do it before I leave work today! [Embarrassed]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

Okay, this is what I've got:

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/alr25/marksmas

I still need two more games for the last two pages. I'm trying to find a site that will let me create a fill-in-the-blank quiz with grading, so I can make my own games. Having a little trouble with that.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
You should make one of the things be a massage or something. When your shoulders are completely relaxed, the next clue will appear.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.