FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Nightmare

Author Topic: Nightmare
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I dreamt last night that George Lucas bought the rights to all the episodes of Monty Python's Flying Circus and started "fixing" them by adding all sorts of unnecessary CGI, along with an inordinant number of fart jokes.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] [Angst]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Good night. [Eek!]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Who would be worse, Lucas or Ted Turner?
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Lucas.

Monty Python is already in color, but there are no Ewoks present. Therefore Lucas can do more harm.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
However, they do use an inordinate number of guns in certain sketches, so I feel that replacing them with family-friendly walkie talkies is the best way to go. I mean, think of the children, please.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
How I love South Park... [Laugh]
Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Dag, now I will have this image of a chorus of Ewoks singing "Every Sperm is Sacred" with me all day.
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
And if a sperm is wasted, C3PO gets quite irate.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but Lancelot with a lightsaber would have been great - he could kill twice as many wedding guests.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
I heard they cast a younger Bedevere, so in most of the shots they've digitally changed Terry Jones to this new guy, seen here.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Actually, it's worth noting that in the dream he hadn't been able to aquire the rights to the Python movies.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Imagine a purple, Admiral Akbar-type looking Michael Palin saying "Fish, fish fish. A fishy requisite-t-t-t-t-t-t" and you'll have a pretty good mental image of one of the scenes from the dream.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I really really liked the image of
quote:
a chorus of Ewoks singing "Every Sperm is Sacred".
[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Imagines the "Ministry of Silly Walks" skit as performed by Darth Vader and Emperor Palpatine. [ROFL]
Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh you are all evil..... Ewoks singing the sperm song indeed.... Who gets to buy the dead parrot?
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
:sings: I'm so glad I have a lightsaber...
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.