FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So I'm stuck at work on Christmas @%&!±♀Φ Morning!

Author Topic: So I'm stuck at work on Christmas @%&!±♀Φ Morning!
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
Lord I hate the service/hospitality industry. All you people who are calling to make same-day reservations on Christmas suck. Screw all of you and leave me alone.

So I say behind my empty mask of a smile, though it's thinly veiled today indeed.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, that's really sick. Sorry.

Merry Christmas! *gives PC a big present and a hug*

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
So. You work in a hotel. I used to do that, and I used to volunteer to work on Christmas and other major holidays simply so I had a good excuse to not spend the holiday with the parents. It worked great for me! Sorry for you, though. It sucks. [Frown]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Ick. My mom has to work at the hospital today, and my dad had to work at the pharmacy last night... I kinda know the feeling.

[[[Primal Curve]]] Here, have a gift. [Big Grin]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*patpat*
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Ha Ha. Of course your pat wouldn't be real because you're a COMPUTER!!!

Hahahahaha. I made a funny. I said that you were a computer because you're not real! I'm so high-frickin'-larious because that joke's not old at all. Boy howdy, I am the funniest freaking person alive.

Har Har.

Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

You should change your job. And get some sleep. You're acting weird. Or is it the married life?

*patpat*

Did you know that your name can be acronymed to PC? And who is the computer now? Huh? Huh?

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

I can't help it if I was a bad standup comedian in a different life.

I do need a new job though. Preferably one that involves laying on a table getting massaged by hot, exotic young women- preferably with as few clothes on as possible.

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Did I say that? Hah! Of course I wouldn't say something like that. Those kind of thoughts are supposed to immediately disappear after marriage. How silly of me.
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought PC was a girl?
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

What led you to that incredibly idiotic conclusion?
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
No, it was Perelandra that was the girl. [Big Grin]

Glynn [Kiss]

[The "primal curve" is the first stroke he begins his drawings with. And, uh, he's like 6ft+ and very boy, or so I've heard. He stood me up the one time we were going to meet. [Wink] ]

[ December 25, 2004, 12:05 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Primal Curve! It's good to see you. I am sorry you have to work on Christmas. My sister is apparently having a baby today- so if you are inclined to ever say "well, it could be worse"...
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

I'm very boy? That's some interesting turn-of-phrase.

Trisha, I feel sorry for the kid more than the Mom. So many years of "Yeah, I may have more presents than my brothers, sisters, friends and family, but I wonder if it's really twice as many gifts."

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just going by what I heard, which was that nobody would mistake you for a girl. [Dont Know]

Sorry you are having to work, though.

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Oh, I get it. I've been up since 6am or something.

I hope I get some booze tonight.

Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

*waves magic wand

[Wink]

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Upon the recommendation of one of my coworkers (he's from the Ukraine and has good taste in booze), I picked up some Beck's Dark. It was muy bueno. I'll have some of that tonight, but not before I made up some Bloody Marys. Mmmm... vodka.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Wait, crap. There's not a grocery store open for miles. I don't have celery salt. Damnation.
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
My dear, sweet husband is working today. He got up to leave at 4am and won't be home until after 7pm. Christmas dinner will wait until he gets home, but he's missing the children. Especially Boo's first Christmas Day. [Frown]

He works in the health care field, so, while it's hard on him and us to be apart today, at least he's doing something worthwhile. I'd be super upset if it weren't a critical position.

Like...reservation clerk at a hotel. Or chief burger-flipper. [Razz]

((PC))

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

Is there a restaurant at the hotel that could spot you a little celery salt?

[Merry Christmas, Boon, Boo, and Mr. Boon. [Smile] ]

[ December 25, 2004, 12:45 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I worked 13 hours yesterday, I go to work in 3:15, and I'll be working at 12 hour shift tomorrow.
I'm probably going to take my gamecube, and play Metroid Prime 2 ALL day. (and do some internet fun too)

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CaySedai
Member # 6459

- posted      Profile for CaySedai   Email CaySedai         Edit/Delete Post 
Walgreens is probably open - they may have celery salt.

I'll be going into work later today. I just hope the (frozen) turkey is cooked in time for me to have some before I go.

[rant]And my husband is sulking in the bedroom because I wanted the computer. He's been on for hours, he'll be on again when I leave (and probably way before I leave) ... but he's pulling the baby act. Wait, no, it's not just because I'm on the computer - it's because he didn't get a Christmas present. Well, we had enough money to spend about $30 each on our 2 daughters. We're paying rent on a computer that we thought we needed because the old one wasn't working. When the old one started working again, he refused to return the rental, so we're stuck paying way too much for it. But that doesn't count as a Christmas present.

My car doesn't go into reverse anymore (I'll try again on Monday), so we're planning to junk it next week. I may get $50 for it. I'll probably just give him that money, but it won't be enough. I could just give him my whole check next week, but that won't be enough either, and then the car insurance won't get paid. Who cares?[/rant]

Sorry, didn't mean to take over your rant, PC. At least when I go to work, I don't have to deal with the public usually. I will have a very small group of people at work to interact with and can be quietly working and thinking my own thoughts without having to put on a public face/act.

Posts: 2034 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

okay, celery salt?!

<-- lives in a third-world country, never heard of celery salt

[ December 25, 2004, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Kama ]

raventh1
Member # 3750

Don't feel too bad. I haven't either, and I live in this weird 1st world country thing.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Celery Salt
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

It's okay, I don't even like celery.
raventh1
Member # 3750

Me either.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Glynn's Sure-Fire Bloody Marys

- Ice to rim of Tumbler
- Coat ice with Worchester
- 3-4 Drops Tabasco Sauce
- 2-3 Shakes of Celery Salt
- 1.5 oz Vodka
- Tomato Juice to Rim

Mix using seperate empty tumbler.

[ December 25, 2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Primal Curve ]

Primal Curve
Member # 3587

So, I'm less grumpy now- still cynical and annoyingly "world-wise-" but not grumpy. So, I apologize to anyone that got caught in my shotgun blast of emotional outburst. It just really sucks to work on Christmas. At least I get to vent a bit on here.
Kama
Member # 3022

I also don't like tomato juice. I like tomatos, I like tomato sauce, I like tomato soup, but *not* tomato juice.
Kama
Member # 3022

and vodka is best served without anything else.
foundling
Member # 6348

- posted      Profile for foundling   Email foundling         Edit/Delete Post 
Except blueberries. Vodka is always good with blueberries...
Posts: 499 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

or with more vodka.
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

Pfft! What do the Polish know about vodka?
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
I went to work at 18:00 on the 24th, and got off at 06:00 on the 25th. Then I came back at 18:00 on the 25th, and will be here until 06:00 on the 26th. Then I get to go back at 18:00 on the 26th, and work until 06:00 on the 27th.

Thank hell for Red Bull.

Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.