FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » OS X Help!?

Author Topic: OS X Help!?
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm... something happened on my laptop that's never happened before. I think that the little daemon that handles windows crashed. The dock seems to be dissappeared, or it's stuck in the "hidden" position. Command+Tab doesn't swap windows, and Expose isn't working.

In Windows, if Explorer dies, I can always restore it with the Task Manager... how do I kick this daemon back into gear in OS X?

I'd ask the Apple Help, but I can't get to it. [Eek!]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Relauch the Finder. Hold down cmd-opt-esc ("Force Quit"), choose the Finder from the list that pops up, and select "relaunch." You should be okay after that. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Failing that, log out and log back in. I had an occasional problem with the dock crashing when I used Exposé when 10.3 first came out, and logging out was the only way to fix it. It was no longer a problem after the first update.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.