FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Got a Chakram for Christmas! Beat That!

Author Topic: I Got a Chakram for Christmas! Beat That!
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, this may be infringing on the Christmas Loot thread and I apologize, but I had to post this title. Icarus got me a metal replica first season chakram from Xena. I'm so psyched! (And those gals who think this was a lame gift...you don't know me very well) [Smile]
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I had to ask my boys what that was (a chakram) but they explained it to me very well.....

[Big Grin] FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

I'd love to hear that description.... How old are the boys?
Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
They are 19 and 17.

They just said, "It's that bladed ring thing that Xena throws"

FG
(edit: and I didn't even mention the word "Xena" in my question -- I just asked them, "What's a chakram?")

[ December 26, 2004, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Cor...No throwing that in the house!
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so jealeous. Very nice.

Will there be a Xena costume in the future?

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

I've already promised not to throw it in the house, Bob.

Hi dkw! I know, I've been away a long time. Can't wait to see you guys.

As for the costume, I've already got the leather (not identical to hers, but close enough to be entertaining at a convention or festival) I'm hinting for a replica sword for Valentine's Day! [Big Grin]

[ December 26, 2004, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: Cor ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a replica of Sting from LOTR at an Army/Navy store in Boston....dirt cheap.

I was psyched, and loved it, but I have to make sure I hang it with the right side forward...

Otherwise you can read " Made in Pakistan" on the blade.... [Blushing]

[ December 26, 2004, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

I got LOTR Trivial Pursuit, Limited Edition.

I win!

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I got the DVD version of LotR Trivial Pursuit.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

That isn't half as cool, it only deals with the movies, and we all know the movies weren't half as good as the books...

Jenni went with the books because even SHE knew that....lol...

Kwea

FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get it, but I played LotR Risk last night, and it was awesome. Great spin on the game.
Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

Have you seen the LOTR catalog? It's got all the swords, the jewelry, and then some items from other films like Harry Potter wands, the time turner, and a few things from other movies. I love movie props and replicas. I still cherish my Han Solo blaster made by a prop company in California.
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I got a shinai!... ok, that doesn't really beat a real bladed weapon, but still!
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As for the costume, I've already got the leather (not identical to hers, but close enough to be entertaining at a convention or festival) I'm hinting for a replica sword for Valentine's Day! [Big Grin]
Heh. Go Jose!
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a Gryffindor scarf; it's my favourite gift. [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

Watch it, Lalo. I'm armed....and always dangerous. [Wink]
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Chakram. (Flip side.) (For those who don't know.)

[ December 27, 2004, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh.

[Cool]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
That's SO cool!!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.