FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Zan and Chris (but mostly ZanGATOR)

Author Topic: Hey Zan and Chris (but mostly ZanGATOR)
Megachirops
Member # 4325

- posted      Profile for Megachirops           Edit/Delete Post 
Wanna get together sometime this week? Maybe something at our house?

[ January 01, 2005, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: Megachirops ]

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Working this week. Maybe the weekend? Might depend on what my visiting teen is planning...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You all live in the Orlando area, right?

JenniK and I will be visiting a friend there this Jan/Feb.

He stayed here last night up visiting his parents for Christmas..

I told him about you, so I will probably be introducing him here to Hatrack soon....at least I hope so.

He lives in Kissme, and works at Pleasure Island as a DJ.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

Let me know when you know more, Kwea. I would love to meet you guys. [Smile]

Chris, Saturday's good too, I reckon. I just didn't want to try to compete with anybody's New Years Day plans . . .

Posts: 1001 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

NP, JenniK is considering auditioning for the Voices of Liberty, so she is researching/schedualing and audition, and that will determine when we come down.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megachirops
Member # 4325

The only time that looks bad right now is whenever we end up celebrating our anniversary. Our anniversary is the tenth, but my first semester grades are due on the tenth as well [Grumble] , so we may or may not take that weekend.

I wish JenniK luck. Cor has always wanted to sing with them.

EDIT: heck, for that matter, so would I.

[ December 28, 2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Megachirops ]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Jenni has, but only in cast chorus....she can sing in multiple languages, and her mom was a vocal instructer yeasrs ago.

Her mom also was trained by a famous opera vocal coach, and Charlotte was one of 2 of this ladys students that didn't end up singing at the Met, even though she was good enough.

She had really bad stage fright....

Kwea

Megachirops
Member # 4325

Cor is a former opera singer. She was majoring in music in college when bad health forced her to change plans. I was considered a really phenomenal singer as a child, and the story of what made me stop singing is perhaps a bit more bitter than anyone in this thread wants to hear. But it took me until I met Cor for me to start having the motivation/courage/desire to start singing in public again. Since then, I've had several opportunities to perform in public, but I really regret losing the best years of my voice. [Frown]
Kwea
Member # 2199

I think you may have touched on that in earlier posts, nes pas?

Just be glad you have regained it, you know?

[ December 28, 2004, 10:05 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Megachirops
Member # 4325

Yep yep.

[Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

Last time I played my flute in public was my grandmas funeral.

Before that it had been 10 years.

Kwea

Megachirops
Member # 4325

We don't need Zan. He's a loser anyway. [Razz]
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Can't a guy get food poisoning and not be called a loser?

K's dad has been in the hospital and we just found out he has now gotten pneumonia. She will probably go down to south Florida, so this weekend doesn't look good.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear it, Zan. [Frown] We'll just have to go out to the Jai-Alai after the first. [Smile]

Well, Chris, do you and Tere (right?) want to plan for something on the weekend, then? I know your drive back is a long one, so I'll let you take the lead on setting a time, etc. Feel free to respond here or take it to some more private medium--just let me know if I need to check my e-mail. [Smile]

You guys are game players, right?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Define "game." [Smile]
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Big Grin]
Icarus
Member # 3162

[Razz]

Cor and I love to play board games and such. We're pretty competitive--we never get nasty or anything, because we expect competition, but I say this in advance because I have known people who couldn't play games, or at least not with us, because, I dunno, because they were weenies, I guess. The only reason I bring it up is because I have a vague memory of one of you guys saying you were into games as well--or maybe it was the opposite.

Anyway, I plan on going grocery shopping later on tonight, and everything will be closed for the next couple of days/nights, so let me know . . .

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Need to find out when my son's heading backj to college -- he's in Palm Coast right now with his girifriend, but will be back tonight. When I'm free will likely depend on when he's taking off, because we have to buy him tires.

Just out of idle curiosity, have you and Cor seen Firefly?

Icarus
Member # 3162

Never have. I just pulled it up on imdb and it sounds interesting.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Just 15 episodes though . . . how frustrating.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Okay, so just on the assumption . . .

Is there any food that you guys are allergic to or anything you can't stand to eat? Any ingredients you are morally opposed to? [Smile]

EDIT: And was asking about Firefly your subtle way of saying you guys are not into games?

[ December 30, 2004, 07:54 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Never hurts to have backup. And besides, it's so much fun watching people see it for the first time...

Let's see. No allergies that I know of, no religious restrictions or vegetarian leanings. We tend to avoid spicy food or complicated pizza toppings. I'm not a seafood fan but Teres is, I like Chinese much more than she does. Either of us can deal with just about anything. Left to our own devices, we're as likely to go for takeout pizza or other fast food as anything else, especially for casual gatherings. This may also be why both of us are carrying extra tonnage.

Megachirops
Member # 4325

Chomp chomp, Zan.

[Cool]

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Available tomorrow? Mid-day to late afternoon/early evening?

Our son went back to college today and managed to forget his keyboard and some of his loot, so we'll be heading along the Greenway anyway to take it to him...

You can write to the e-mail in my profile if you like. If we can agree on times, I'd need directions.

Megachirops
Member # 4325

hmm . . . I'm finding myself a bit behind for my return to work Monday. Are you still thinking about being in the studio audience at Millionaire the fifteenth? If so, you'll already be in the area . . . you wanna get together that day?
Megachirops
Member # 4325

If not, tonight looks better for me than tomorrow night, and if not . . . [Dont Know]
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

I need to talk it over with Teres. If I do a shift that'll be five hours she'll have to keep herself occupied (no way she'd last five hours in a seat without back problems) and I dunno yuet if that means walking aorund the park -- for which we'll have to pay her entrance -- or bumming around Orlando or I-Drive, which is more likely. I'll keep you posted!
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble]
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.