FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shadow of Giant

Author Topic: Shadow of Giant
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone post this?

http://www.hatrack.com/osc/books/shadowofthegiant/shadowofthegiant_01.shtml

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it posted yet. Thanks!
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Chapter 1?! WOOOT!! Thanks for the link!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
And at the end of the first chapter there's a link to the second chapter, and at the end of the second chapter there's a link to the third!
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
It's hard enough waiting for the book to come out. No way am I going to torment myself further.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know when the release date will be? I can't wait!
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder why this wasn't posted on the hatrack front page.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Signal: March something.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazon.com says it's March 8th: link
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, thank you! [Big Grin]
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's hard enough waiting for the book to come out. No way am I going to torment myself further.
That's what I was thinking too Dag, but I couldn't help myself...

gah! I want to read the whole thing! [Wall Bash]

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Pitchfork and torches, and a mob visit to editor PapaMoose [Big Grin]
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaaaaggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

NOOOOO! It can't stop there! [Wall Bash]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably read it.
Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh, groovy. Thanks for the linkage!
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
First of all, I should say I appreciate the gesture. I think it's wonderful of OSC to offer a sample of his writing so folks can get a feel for the book and decide if it's worth purchasing.

But I have to third Dag. I'm an addict. I can't just have a taste. Maybe the day before I'll read that. Maybe. But certainly not two whole months before it comes out.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
MPH - It's on the homepage now. At home I'm bookmarked directly to the forum page so I rarely look at the homepage, but here at the office I come in the long way.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Posting the first 3 chapters online is the surest way of getting me to buy the novel.

Unless, of course, I don't like it. But that has never happened with OSC.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like the cover. [Smile]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Is that supposed to be Bean on the cover? 'Cuz Bean shouldn't be proportioned like a normal adult.
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
It could be Peter.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Good point.
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll third Dag....I'd rather wait for the whole thing.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I really like the cover.
I was kind of hoping for a cover that showed Peter in all his sweaty, muscular glory, standing in front of a gothic style skyscraper, embracing Alai and Han Tzu, who are also sweaty, and muscular. . .

Ooops-- wrong series.

[Smile]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang..
That actually sounds..
kind of
appealing....

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I couldn't wait. I had to read it.

And dang it. It's really good.

I'm excited!!!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babager
Member # 6700

- posted      Profile for babager   Email babager         Edit/Delete Post 
What a tease!! [Razz]
Posts: 295 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Aspectre, sad as it is for me, I had no input into the editing process for this novel. I was on vacation (Thanksgiving) when the thread requesting help first appeared (as well as the e-mail sent me originally bringing the thread to my attention), and the question (a particular age question which isn't, in fact, important to me at all in my reading of the book, though it's among the most often discussed among some fans -- right behind "Was the Little Doctor a beam or a missile?") was discussed ad nauseum already. I was also incommunicado on vacation (Christmas) when the first three chapters were posted, and I saw elsewhere that changes have already been made. Perhaps I'll read them seeking inconsistencies and find something miniscule and thus feel just a little better about myself, but I have no secret SotG knowledge that could be garnered through effective use of a pitchfork -- nor through any other manner.

Of course, if OSC would like me to read the whole thing to look for possible inconsistencies with previous volumes, I'm happy to oblige. *smile*

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

As addicted as I already am to this storyline, I really hope he doesn't post more chapters...I felt like I had read WAY too much of Crystal City by the time the book came out and I do relish the experience of reading the book from cover to cover while ravenously turning the pages because I HAVE to know what's going to happen next RIGHT NOW!!! [Big Grin]

But, as I have no will power (0), I will most definitely read anything he posts before publication. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.