FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Good Eats - AB Book Tour

Author Topic: Good Eats - AB Book Tour
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw that Alton Brown is going to be on a book tour and will be near me (St. Paul) in January! I'm definately going to have to go.

Here is the link to the tour ----> On the Road

scroll down the page a little for the book tour dates/locations.

Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! I'm going!

Traveler, I didn't know you were in Minneapolis. I am, too. Maybe I'll see you at the book signing. [Wink]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

I'll most likely be going to the afternoon signing at Bound to be Read. I haven't bought his latest so this will be a good excuse to pick it up.
Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
You all suck.

And so does AB, for not venturing to New England at all!

Kwea

[ December 31, 2004, 07:13 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, cry me a river.

<--Has no sympathy for anyone who lives in a state from which they can access another state on the same day.

Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
But, Verily, you can, too. Py plane.

But as for me, even with planes, I'm more than 24 hours away. [Cry] Which would suck. Except I'd rather go to Canada. Or Greece. Yah, that'd be good. Or Peru?

Maybe Belize would be good. Or Panama. No, Germany. Wait, I've always wanted to do a barge trip in England. That'd be the best. But then, there's always . . .

Ah, forget it! [Wall Bash]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha. My friend just had a freakout about this. I haven't ever seen the show, but I'm a kindred Food Network liker. (IRON CHEF!!!) So when he mentioned Food Network at the party I was at tonight, I made a happy noise and then he had a fit and told me about this thing. I was baffled.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
But if all the other states are sucky........

New England sucks, IMO. I miss MI, where I could travel for 12 hours and still be in the same state...now THAT was a cool state!

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Milwaukee, here we come. [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I note he comes to DC the day after the next semester starts.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But, Verily, you can, too. Py plane.
No, see, now you're assuming that I have money. There's a very good reason why a person who loves travelling and seeing other places as much as I do has only left his home state four times in his entire life. Leaving Alaska always requires a serious investment in time and money, and while there have been periods of my life when I've had the time, money is one thing that I have always had in great lack of abundance.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Traveler
Member # 3615

Well, AB was here on Saturday and he was great. He was very very funny in person. He spoke for a little while but the majority of the time was Q&A with the audience.

I purchased his new book and brought in his first one for signing.

If you get a chance..definately go see him. It was very entertaining.

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Drat that big snowstorm! [Frown]
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. [Frown]
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Shucks, Traveler!! You could have seen me! I am there every Saturday at the table in front of the used book section, speaking Japanese with a conversation group. (Though we didn't do much speaking that day...)

Did you see me? I didn't move much...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sad I missed it. [Frown] But, ya know, I was in Maui. So I guess if I had to miss it for soemthing... [Wink]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.