FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kwea (all results are in)

Author Topic: Kwea (all results are in)
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am finishing up an essay and I was wondering if you would have a chance to look it over before tomorrow at midnight. If you don't have time I completely understand. You were a big help before so I was looking for your input again.

[ January 21, 2005, 05:20 PM: Message edited by: Allegra ]

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
How did the other one go?

Send it now, I might have time to read it before we leave...I read pretty fast.
I am going to my parents house tomorrow, but I would be able to get back to you before then, no problem.

Kwea

[ December 31, 2004, 07:14 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

I don't know yet about the other one. I should know by the end of the month.

Are you leaving soon? I have another paragraph and the conclusion to write, but if you have to leave I can send it as is.

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

You're a tricky one with your quick editing. [No No]

I should be done by 8 and I will send it on then.

Thank you!!! [Hail] Kwea

Kwea
Member # 2199

Don't worry, I will read it tomorrow at my parents house. Finish it up, then send it to brilljr@hotmail.com , I can access my hotmail account from my parents house easily.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

So, how did those turn out? Have you gotten the grades back for them yet?

[ January 05, 2005, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
It's so funny Kwea, just now I was reading one of your posts in another thread and thinking, "Gosh I like Kwea. He's always really respectful and he says intelligent things. He doesn't tolerate disrespect in others, he really values the feelings and presence of individuals here on this forum and he's always so friendly..."

Then I saw this thread with your name on it and decided to tell you what I was thinking. [Smile] So happy Wednesday and I'm glad you're a part of this community (along with your sweet wife.)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Thanks Narnia, I appreciate it.

Even coming from a person who spends time on this not-so-worthy site, while I lounge around being a parasite that doesn't donate any charity, despite my obligation to do so.

[Evil] [Wink]

Seriously, thanks. I had a few people stick up for me when I was new here...I had accidently gotten mistaken for a troll-in-disguise due to the timing of my arrival......so I try and look out for others here when I can.

I like you too. [Big Grin]

Kwea

Narnia
Member # 1071

*bows deeply* Thanks. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
*agrees with Narnia* [Smile]

[Hat]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Awwww.....not another hugfest..... [Wink]
Raia
Member # 4700

I didn't hug you, I just agreed with Narnia and tipped my hat! [Wink]
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

So? What are you waiting for? [Evil]
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I didn't hug you, I just agreed with Narnia and tipped my hat! [Wink]
I could've sworn you wrote "tipped my butt," Raia. Had to read it several times to be sure.

*still kinda suspicious [Eek!]

[ January 05, 2005, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Sara Sasse ]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Nah, I'm the one who shows his a$$ here all the time.
Raia
Member # 4700

(((((Kwea))))) [Big Grin]

Sara: [ROFL]

Kwea
Member # 2199

[Blushing]
Allegra
Member # 6773

The essay for my application to Butler University in Indianapolis. I just got a letter today saying that my application is complete and they will send me a letter in 4-6 weeks. Waiting sucks.

*agrees with all the nice things being said about Kwea*

Kwea
Member # 2199

Waiting DOES suck, huh? Let me know when you find out, OK?
Allegra
Member # 6773

The first essay that you edited for me was an honors college essay. It was the really short one. Twinky edited it too. I just got and acceptance letter from the honors college. I am sure it is because my essay was edited so well. [Smile]
Narnia
Member # 1071

Wooooohooo!!! Wow Allegra, this is your week, isn't it?? [Big Grin]
Allegra
Member # 6773

I know! I am on a roll. I also had a good lesson today. My teacher said I work really hard and that I deserved my seating in All-state. I know the warm fuzzy feeling will only last so long, but I am enjoying it while it lasts.
Kwea
Member # 2199

Good for you all around the board! Pass go, and collect $200...

From twinky, that is... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Allegra
Member # 6773

I just got an acceptance letter from Butler University. Maybe I should get Kwea to edit all of my essays.

Kwea you must be a good luck charm. [Kiss]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Allegra!
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

Well, all the editing in the world doesn't help much if the essays suck, or the topics aren't good.

I am glad you got in, and it really DOES sem like everything is going your way right now.

Enjoy it....

While it lasts. [Razz]

Congrats!

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Allegra! That's excellent! [Smile]

[The Wave]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

quote:
Well, all the editing in the world doesn't help much if the essays suck, or the topics aren't good.

That was meant to be a complement right? [Big Grin]

Wow, I never thought that Dagonee and Kwea, two people that I have noticed and respected since I got here, would be posting in threads about me. Things really are going well. [Blushing] [Smile]

Allegra
Member # 6773

Thank you Megan! I still have the audition for Butler. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I think it will go well, but I really need to play with about a quarter of the bow for the fast peice I am playing. Why do they give you so much bow and they do not allow you to use it most of the time. [Confused]
Kwea
Member # 2199

Yes, it was...if you weren't already writing well, editing wouldn't have helped a bit.

Besides, you can't be all bad, you were smart enough to ask ME to help you out... ::preens::

[Wink] [Razz] [Taunt]

Allegra
Member # 6773

Asking for help was the best thing I have ever done. I could not imagine a better editor in the world. All hail Kwea [Hail] [Hail] [Hail]
Megan
Member # 5290

heh...that's funny, one of the main lectures I remember getting from my cello teacher was, "You have ALL THIS BOW! You need to use ALL OF IT!!"

I know what you mean, though, with the short detache stuff.

Good luck at Butler, though! [Smile] I'm sure you'll be fine.

[ January 21, 2005, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: Megan ]

Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

You hear that, but I generally use quite a bit of bow. I usually do not have to be told more, but I am often told to use less. The bass sound can more easily sound muddy if too much bow is used.
Megan
Member # 5290

Yeah, I guess that's true.

Hey, if you end up at Butler, one of the theory teachers up there is an IU doctoral student (who's done all but dissertation). His name is Stan Kleppinger; if you see him, tell him you're a friend of mine. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.