FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » It's not enough to have bronchitis...I have to have the flu too...

Author Topic: It's not enough to have bronchitis...I have to have the flu too...
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I've been sick pretty much steadily since Thanksgiving, and to be really honest, I'm getting sick of it. I was just starting to feel better, and now I have the flu. Throwing up...the whole works. Aaaarrrgh!

The new year isn't looking so good so far. I'm going back to bed until 2006 starts. [Grumble]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry
*pours you tea*
I had that stupid 24 hour headache. They are getting worse and make me feel so darn queezy.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you been to the doctor?

---Infection Police

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

Thanks Syn...tea is the best. [Smile]

Yeah, twice, Elizabeth. It's been a couple of weeks since the last time I was there, but I finished my antibiotics and started feeling better. Then went to sleep last night feeling cruddy again and lost today's lunch. Sigh. There's a 24 hour nasty bug going around town, and I suspect I got it. If I'm not better tomorrow, I'll go back to the doc to make sure the infection hasn't morphed into something else.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Good! (I mean, bad that you are sick, good that you went)

(Paranoid) Infection Police

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, sweetheart. That is awful.

I'm glad you are going back -- it could be something new, or it could be that the bacteria you were fighting became resistant to the antibiotic. [Frown]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

You are very comforting, thank you all. [Group Hug] Just what I needed.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, Jeniwren, feel better!

Drink lots of fluids, get plenty of rest, read trashy novels if your brain can handle it, lots of movies if it can't, and curl up under a thick warm blankie and with a stuffed animal if you don't have real. Cats are great for curling up with when you're sick - if you're a cat person.

We'll be sending you lots of healthy vibes your way. [Group Hug]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* I had the flu 2 weeks before the bronchitis. sorry you have them on top of each other that has to be miserable. My favorite tea for clearing out the sinuses is orange-cinnamon chammomile.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.