FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Ist bad pun of 2005 (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Ist bad pun of 2005
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
In the spirit of ecumenicism, I decided to include both Mormon and Catholic references.
quote:
Did you hear about the new association being started by Gordon B. Hinckley and Mother Angelica?
Incidentally, if you don't know who either of these people is, you'd better look them up now. See, I don't aim just to amuse; I also provide an oppurtunity for you to increase your knowledge.
Anyway, back to the punch line.
quote:
It will be a nun-prophet organization.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I will grant that pun a snort. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*dies*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Most people don't know the difference between a nun-prophet organization and a nun-for-prophet organization.
Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Is the latter some kind of Mormon/Catholic prisoner exchange program?

I didn't know we were taking hostages.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[ROFL] Now THAT was funny. I actually laughed at that.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Well, I need to know. I'll be seriously outnumbered at any Hatrack gatherings.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I got the duct tape and the gag.

Where are we gonna keep him folks?

Narnia
Member # 1071

But the nun-for-prophet trades won't work for you...you're not a nun.
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
Nun-for-profit.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Big Grin]
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I got your back Dag. That makes 2 Catholics......against...oh boy.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Are you up on your secret Jesuit fighting style?
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a disgruntled Catholic, Dag. You can count me in when it is convenient for me.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

If you admit to being Catholic ( [Wink] ) you go on my "Why I need more duct tape" list for the next gathering.

I suppose you guys could start holding Mormons hostage....I wonder what the outcome of that would be?

[Big Grin]

Dagonee
Member # 5818

You're not a really big fan of Steven Spielberg, are you? I mean, with that duct tape obsession and all. [Wink]

[ January 03, 2005, 07:23 PM: Message edited by: Dagonee ]

Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, I could teach you the way of the duct tape, but then I'd be strung up and left to die. [Big Grin] Those of us that are engineering types (especially Navy) know all about duct tape. [Razz]
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

lol

I wouldn't leave you to die.

I might just get feathers and let all the Mormons tickle your noses for a while. [Wink]

And don't laugh at my duct tape obsession Dag.

punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...Dag, Would you accept the aid of a Philistine?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Dag, if we caught enough of them, we could invent a prayer-powered automobile and make millions!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Of course. That should Phil up the group nicely.
punwit
Member # 6388

Philistine was perhaps a bit of a misnomer. At present I can't think of a fitting appelation. I would like to say though that freeing you from propheteers seems like a noble calling.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Propheteers or racketeers?
Stan the man
Member # 6249

That at least makes four of us. Just enough to dress out to be a modern 3 Musketeers (since there were 4 anyway).
punwit
Member # 6388

We have to carry muskets? I'd prefer muskrats, they're less likely to explode on us.

[ January 03, 2005, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: punwit ]

Stan the man
Member # 6249

I was thinking Super soakers and silly string. [Smile]
Dagonee
Member # 5818

Super soakers are good. Silly string is messy.

Which is also good.

Narnia
Member # 1071

Great. Now you're ganging up!

Why am I the only Mormon that wants to tickle the captive Catholics??

punwit
Member # 6388

Ok, let's assume that you've managed to snare Dagonee. Who's gonna play Host to the captive?
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Narnia, your threats to tickle are hardly that. [Smile] You do promise to tickle right?
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Smile] Only if I had help!!

And only feathers under noses. None of that rated R, non Mormon tickling. [Big Grin]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Hmm. Punwit, we will have to communioncate nonverbally.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

*Glad nose isn't ticklish*
*Thwarting Narnia's plan*

Narnia
Member # 1071

Hm. My plan will not be thwarted....

*thinks*

Dagonee
Member # 5818

*uses his wristwatch laser to cut the duct tape*
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you up on your secret Jesuit fighting style?
You mean Jesuit-jitsu?
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That's one of three major styles: Jesuit-jitsu, Jeskwando, and Jes-fu.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone read Lamb by Christopher Moore? According to this amazing book, jujuitsu is actually "jew-juitsu" because Jesus invented it before he began his ministry...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

How does hand-to-hand combat fit in with "He who lives by the sword..."
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

You all are way too much after an 11 hour work day!

Nun-for-prophet . . .

*laughs some more*

[ January 03, 2005, 11:36 PM: Message edited by: Shan ]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

Well the Jews in their Jew-jitsuism are invited to help the Catholics in covering the Mormons in silly string. [Big Grin]
Narnia
Member # 1071

quote:
You mean Jesuit-jitsu?
That was milk snortin through my nose funny!!
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Evil Laugh]
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Ah, I love this thread!! *nostalgia* [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Whomever is "hosting" Dag, be careful....

He bites.

If he doesn't wafer out of it first.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Are you saying that Dag could legally talk himself out of duct tape??
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe so.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Are you saying that Dag could legally talk himself out of duct tape??
[ROFL]
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
No, only red tape. Dag's powerless against duct tape, even when he wears his cape.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes. The trick with duct tape is to have a hood and mask as well. Or, if these are unavaliable, a sidekick.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.