FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Wedding Arrival Times (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Wedding Arrival Times
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus,

Shoes are provided for the men. Black shoes.

All the bridesmaids are wearing silver, but Lisa (being on the groom's side) can wear just about anything that will go with her dress).

Now, for the rehearsal, we're telling people "business casual" by which we really mean no jeans, only because we're going to the dinner afterwards.

[Big Grin]

Yay!!!

By the way, is Cor's dress all set? We ended up hiring a 2nd seamstress for the bridesmaids' dresses and now things are almost done.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Business casual? *snort*
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a metaphor.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully it will be ready in the next two days. [Angst]

-o-

Guess I'll have to go buy some slacks. [Grumble]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Piffle. Wear jeans if you want to. Bob says I can't, though.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*giggle* Yes, the bride probably should set a good example.

[addit: Google has some other notions as to what you should wear! [Laugh] ]

[ March 27, 2005, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: rivka ]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I was gonna say, where exactly is the dinner that jeans aren't okay?

Can I wear my Annie pants?

[ March 27, 2005, 03:55 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, what time is the rehearsal?
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Another excellent question! [Big Grin]
rivka
Member # 4859

[ROFL]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I am going to the seamstress now to get my hem marked. [Smile] 28 hours in a car this weekend just weren't enough, I need two more. [Razz]
KrabbyPatty
Member # 7055

- posted      Profile for KrabbyPatty   Email KrabbyPatty         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey - it's not that far from your end of town! It was 64 minutes from MY house! [Razz]
Posts: 113 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Guess where I stopped on my way home from the seamstress? Dairy Queen!
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone flying into Des Moines late Friday night, or will I be taking a shuttle or cab?
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You will not need to take a shuttle or a cab, you will be picked up. [Smile] I don't know by whom yet, it depends on if someone will be passing through at that time or not. But there's no shuttle between the cities, and it's -way- too far for a cab ride. We'll have you covered. [Smile]

[ March 27, 2005, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
So does this mean I can wear jeans or am I going to find my khaki pants?
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

The Basil (where the rehearsal dinner is) is really NOT a jeans kind of place. However, this is a pretty informal dinner, and I'd say, be comfortable...Since it'll only be US in the place, it's not like we'd have dressed-up people at the other tables looking down on us for spoiling the ambience. [Roll Eyes]

The wait staff might out dress us, I suppose. They wear dark slacks & polo shirts.

We (Dana and I) will be "slightly" dressed up, but no-one should feel like they have to be for this... It's a rehearsal and we're only ones there.

[Wink]

ElJay
Member # 6358

*makes note to pack pearls, a twin set, and a demure knee-length skirt*

[Wink]

rivka
Member # 4859

[Laugh]
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pants it is, then.

At least at THIS wedding, I'm not in it and therefor e don't have to wear a dress.

Huzzah!

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

ElJay,

I understand the pearls and the skirt, but what's a "twin set" and how do you wear it?

Mack, you'll be fine. Just remember you and Nathan have to dance at least once!!!

[Wink]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Never mind. dkw just explained what a twin set is. I was WAY off.

[ROFL]

rivka
Member # 4859

Bob, I know you're a guy, and perhaps not terribly familiar with current women's fashion.

But twin sets have been all the rage for years. Where have you been?

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Okay, I can see a family resemblance, but those two don't look like twins to me. And why would ElJay wear them anyway? And now I'm really mystified as to how they're worn. Do you turn them into ear rings?
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Thanks, ElJay. I appreciate it very much.

Ooh, Mack, just two more posts and you'll be at 12345. Cool!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Just to reiterate:

I am driving in on Saturday morning and driving back on Saturday night. I anticipate arriving at noon, as I'll be leaving Madison around 6am. Should anyone want to catch a ride with me from Madison, I can delay that departure time by a few hours, but we'd probably need to leave by 8am to leave a safe cushion for the wedding.

Though I will not necessarily be planning to come through Des Moines, I'd be happy to do any sort of last minute errands (airport shuttles, buying snacks, retrieving lost items, emergency seamstressing) that I can. Consider me y'all's slave from noon until wedding. [Smile]

If I get my act together, I'll have a book giveaway free-for-all out of my car in the few hours before the wedding. I will bring bags and have things kind of sorted. I know rivka and plaid's preferences, and I'd be happy to take any other special requests.

Can't wait to see the wedding of these two! [Smile]

[ March 28, 2005, 07:58 AM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
ElJay -- I'm planning on picking up mac&Nate on Thursday, but you will have to include them in your spreadsheet for returning to the airport on Sunday. Plane leaves at 4:02.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

ElJay, do you have any idea what the arrangements will be? Do you need me to send you a picture so you know what I look like? Also, I'm e-mailing you with my cell phone number in case that becomes necessary.

Edit: Nevermind, it won't let me e-mail you. Can you send an e-mail to [my hatrack username] at gmail.com?

[ March 31, 2005, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Shigosei ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I will probably be picking you up myself, and I would love a picture. The airport's pretty small, though, so we probaby won't have a problem. [Smile] I'll drop you an email right quick.

Added: Ooops. This is ElJay. Bob will not be picking you up, I will. [Big Grin]

[ April 01, 2005, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

rivka
Member # 4859

I thought it was the bride and groom who were supposed to start looking alike . . . and I thought it took years!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.