FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dieters unite!

Author Topic: Dieters unite!
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
OK.

So due to quitting smoking and the month of December where food is EVERYWHERE at all times, I am 265. The fattest I've ever been!

Woot!

My diet started yesterday, and I give myself a D- so far.

how are you kids doing?

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
poorly. I'm joining the Y soon though. Within a week or two. Just have to get my paperwork in order.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to take up kung fu again if I can get my hands on some money.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I am heading to the Y as soon as I change out of my work clothes.

Gotta love transferable membership fees, huh? Just in case Jenni gets the Disney job.

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I am decidedly anti-dieting.

I want to be in better shape, but I will get there by continuing my walking program and adding in some weight training.

I do try to avoid mega sweets and junk food, more for the fact that it makes me feel like crap after I eat it.

We are in the early stages of planning a big family trip to the Grand Canyon complete with lots of hiking and camping out so we're all trying to get in better shape so we can do more outdoor stuff on vacations and otherwise.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stray
Member # 4056

- posted      Profile for Stray   Email Stray         Edit/Delete Post 
My goals for the year are to swim 100 laps a week, and rejoin weight watchers. Too early to say how I'm doing on the first (meant to do 35 laps on Sunday but got crowded out of the pool after 24 [Mad] ), and the second will have to wait a bit until I can get the money together.
Posts: 957 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Running 3 miles everyday at lunch during the work week. Takes about 35 minutes.

Feeling much better

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I have been trying to get back in the habit of eating healthy. I have been eating way to much junk lately. I am also planning on going to the Y tonight. I have about 10 pounds I would like to lose, but I mostly just want to feel healthy again.
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bCurt
Member # 5476

- posted      Profile for bCurt   Email bCurt         Edit/Delete Post 
I resolve not to lose weight this year. Perhaps I'll break that resolution like I do most.

There's a Y going up near my house that I plan to get into as soon as it opens. The other is too inconvenient to get to.

Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
margarita
Member # 6856

- posted      Profile for margarita   Email margarita         Edit/Delete Post 
Back on track thanks to vacation (sleeping decently means having the energy to plan out meals instead of getting fast food) and now, after ridding myself of the Neverending And Evil Cough, I'm back in training for a black belt test.
Posts: 54 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
I am trying to gain about fifteen or twenty pounds. I guess that counts as a diet. It is harder than it sounds if you are trying to do it via healthy foods instead of junk food.
Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm concentrating on nutrient-dense foods and getting in plenty of water.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
I am somewhat lucky in that whatever I do, I seem to lose a little weight. Does healing burn calories, Sara? Seriously, because I lost 15 pounds in the hospital, and ate everything in sight.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
I lost 25 pounds in about three or four months last year. I've kept it off for 14 months now. My secret is Icarus's secret...calorie counting.

Thank you, Icarus. I'm about as thin as I've been since middle school. That may not be saying much, but I was a pretty hefty teenager.

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Liz, it can eat up a ton of energy. The more you have to heal the more energy it takes, just like evrything else.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I should take advantage of this, for sure.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am decidedly anti-dieting.

I want to be in better shape, but I will get there by continuing my walking program and adding in some weight training.

I do try to avoid mega sweets and junk food, more for the fact that it makes me feel like crap after I eat it.

Wow, this could have been me saying this anytime up till three months ago.

Then I started a diet. [Big Grin]

BTW, it's been going well. While I went off it quite a bit over Christmas, I managed to exit the holiday weighing about what I came into it weighing. That is a good thing! [Smile]

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
I am anti-dieting, but making permanent changes to a diet is a very good and healthy way to lose (or sometimes gain) weight. It just takes longer than Americans want it to.

[ January 04, 2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Danzig avoiding landmarks ]

Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
If I am wise, I will make these changes permanent. They are good changes. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.