FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Art Aficionados--Help (Now with picture)

Author Topic: Art Aficionados--Help (Now with picture)
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
Link (If the site is "temporarily unavailable" feel free to shake your fist at geocities for me.)

I'm trying to identify a picture. I'm sure it had to have been a painting and possibly a well-known one, but I've got a reproduction without any information besides what it looks like. It's worth little more than the satisfaction of my curiosity, although if it is a famous painting, I'd love to see if the original is in a museum somewhere.

It is a boy about ten laying on a grassy hill like those found at the edge of a beach. I think there's a small bit of sea visible in the background, actually. One arm is draping off the mound of grass, and the other is shielding his eyes from the sun. There are splotches in the sky that seem like butterflies. They definitely aren't clouds. Other than that, the sky is blue, and the grass is green, and it looks really good on my turquoise kitchen walls. (Yes, I rent.)

Any ideas would be great. Like I said, I have nothing to go on, so searching online hasn't gotten me very far. Thanks.

[ January 16, 2005, 06:54 AM: Message edited by: fiazko ]

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

- posted      Profile for Choobak   Email Choobak         Edit/Delete Post 
what is the style of the picture ? Impressionist ? Realist ?

Can you discrib if the painter use point of color or degrade color ? It is a oil paint or aquarel ?

All of this points can help us.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

I would say more Impressionist. I have no idea what kind of paint. Not watercolor. Maybe oil. I don't even know what "Point of color" or "degrade color" means.

If anyone knows of any artist who may have painted something that sounds even similar, that could be helpful. It would give me somewhere to start.

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Sorry... My research have no responce...
If I see it in a museum at Paris, I let a message for you on the forum. good luck for your research.

Posts: 1189 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Take a photo and put it up. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

*b-bump*

(picture linked in original post)

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
:::shaking fist at Geocities:::
Unable to view at this time, I'll try again next time.

Edit: "exceeded data transfer rate, will be available in one hour"

[ January 16, 2005, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: Goody Scrivener ]

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
It feels like something I've seen before, though I have no idea who would have painted it or what it is called. Sadly I have been to a lot of art galleries all around the D.C. area so I couldn't say exactly where it would be but the National gallery would be a good starting point.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Choobak
Member # 7083

Sorry, never seen. I'll ask to my brother-in-law who is teacher and especially a painter.
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
It's exceeded its limit again -

I suggest photobucket.com - they give you free image hosting and are pretty reliable.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.