FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For some reason,this really creeps me out.

Author Topic: For some reason,this really creeps me out.
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a box from my father in law, sent priority, no less.... with a note that he was including some things we might find useful.....some Happy Meal toys, that I just trashed, some xylitol gum, that I will probably chew, two mirrors, that I will give to Livvie....and two battery operated personal massagers. OMG! Does he know what those are for? I mean, it's the idea that my FATHER IN LAW sent them that creeps me out. Is he naive, or is he trying to tell us something?
Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Many people use them just to massage the back.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha ha ha!!

You know, DPR, maybe the mirrors and Happy Meal toys were important, too.

Also, the gum. Hmm. I have heard about Halls cough drops...

Edit: Seriously, though, he is clueless for sure.

[ January 06, 2005, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
I knew some people who went to a seminar to open their minds, and the next birthday they gave a common relative something that is generally sold in a store that you have to be 18 to enter. At least in Utah. Maybe something like that happened. Or, as mph suggested, he thought they were general purpose massagers. I mean, older people are older for a reason.

P.S. Now that I think about it, those stores are probably restricted to attract people to them, and not due to any legal constraints. I could be wrong.

[ January 06, 2005, 04:12 PM: Message edited by: Trisha the Severe Hottie ]

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
*Relieved this isn't an ona-* Oh, wait...

Um...is "personal massager" somehow different from those back massager things? Because I've seen back massagers before and I can't imagine how they could be used for any purpose that would require them to be sold in adults-only stores.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I'm curious about the shape of these vibrators.

Oh, and Liz?

quote:
You know, DPR, maybe the mirrors and Happy Meal toys were important, too.
[ROFL]
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Noemon, it sort of throws out this comment of Trisha's:

"I mean, older people are older for a reason."

I may be old, but the reason is not because I am not naughty.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
You'll just be naughty in ways that are 50 years old.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Seriously, though, he is clueless for sure.
I can see myself being that clueless. Today.
Noemon
Member # 1115

It all depends on the size and shape of the vibrator.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I've seen some pretty funny shap..

Um.

Nothing.

[Angst]

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't tell you about the last gift my mother gave us, then.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Except that you have to, now that you've brought it up.
Icarus
Member # 3162

[Taunt]

[ January 06, 2005, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: Icarus ]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

- posted      Profile for dread pirate romany   Email dread pirate romany         Edit/Delete Post 
"fess up, Icky.

( and for those of you who where wondering, I would best describe them as shaped like computer mice. It's the kind one of my freinds gets at Dollar Tree for her "recreational purposes)

Posts: 1021 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

OK, which McDonald's toys were they, anyway? You have neglected to provide that important information.
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Do they vibrate?
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

My goodness. A Goofy, a Spiderman wrist thing, and a Thing 2, none of which vibrate.
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] PSI

If they sell them at the dollar store, I'm sure they aren't expressly intended for naughty purposes. Computer mouse shaped sounds pretty general purpose to me.

Just with my husband's profession I get defensive whenever people equate massage with sexual stimulation. Not that there is anything wrong with sexual creativity, I just get a lot of phone calls from perverts, or cops pretending to be perverts. Hard to tell sometimes. My favorite was the guy who wanted to know what our phone book ad meant by "Whiplash".

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

My wife worked as an office manager for a MT place, Trisha, and they'd occasionally have to put up with that kind of thing too.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Wondering why he sent two. All the answers I can come up with are just creepy.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't get rid of the Happy Meal toys! Put them on Ebay!

I was surprised the last time I had garage sale -- how many grown people dug through the "toy" box and grab out all the Happy Meal toys first. Those collectors are crazy! (but I made money)

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Even trying to look at it in that light, it doesn't seem odd to me.
Icarus
Member # 3162

A, um, massage toy, and a book and video on finding the G-Spot.

o_O

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I'm not sure I'd mind if my parents weren't prudes.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uhleeuh
Member # 6803

- posted      Profile for Uhleeuh   Email Uhleeuh         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
My goodness. A Goofy
[Eek!] You trashed a Goofy toy?! I've been collecting Goofy memorabilia for the past ten years!

You should put those toys on eBay. A lot of people I know like Happy Meal toys and actively search for them. [Smile]

Posts: 378 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

You're making a mistaken assumption that she gave me this because she was hip and not prudish. She always was a pretty stereotypical Catholic, albeit a crazy one. She gave me this because I was getting married: I was getting ready to become a man, now, and I needed to know how to do these things, and she wasn't sure my father would tell me anything.

Now you get it?

twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
*nods* Yup.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
That's quite sweet, Icarus.
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think Happy Meal Toys were worth anything unless they were in package...
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a friend who got kinky lingerie from her mother when she got married.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dread pirate romany
Member # 6869

The Happy Meal toys were in the package...wow, I may have to dig them out! I would have never thought someone would collect those.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

DPR, do not pretend you are digging them up for the money. You just figured out how they fit in with the mirrors and massagers, that's all. Can't fool us.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.