FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Jamie's flight delayed 2-3 hours. (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Jamie's flight delayed 2-3 hours.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Their plane, in addition to constant de-icing due to all of this, went through 2 starters, and I'm assuming was all ok when the 3rd got there (I called and her cell was off).

Ugh. I'm still going to meet her at the airport, though. Maybe go get a slurpee and some food or something, even if it does end up being 3 or 4 in the morning.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, she's going to be in a right rare mood when she gets off the plane. Treat her nice, even if (when) she grumps at you, okay?

Also: early congratulations and best wishes [Wink]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
::hums the things you do for love::
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yeah, I know she's going to be both pissy and tired, hence the idea to bring her a Diet Mountain Dew Code Red and get a burger with her- actually, I should probably take one to her, and if she says no, I'll eat it myself.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
"walkin' in the rain and the snow"
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

- posted      Profile for Theca           Edit/Delete Post 
She said something about writing a paper on the plane because she writes well on planes. This just gives her more time!

Ok, somehow I don't think she'll see it that way.

Unless you're kidding. Didn't you do a plane joke thing once before? Maybe you're having mountain dew and a burger with her right now. O_o

And I don't have a clue as to what a starter is. And I've flown many times. [Blushing]

[ January 06, 2005, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: Theca ]

Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, perhaps I misheard her. ::shrug::

But something wasn't working and they were on the 3rd of that something trying to get it to work.

And yes, we did try to before. Poor kylie posted that thread. Anyway, no jokes this time.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Bleh, and I thought getting up before the sun to catch my plane was going to be bad!

Poor Jamie. Poor Nathan.

See ya tomorrow! [Big Grin]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theca
Member # 1629

I'm from Texas. If it has something to do with planes flying in cold weather and ice then I wouldn't know about it.
Posts: 1990 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Heh, see ya tomorrow, Rivka.
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, logan airport is unpleasant today.

Congrats [Smile]

She still owes me a trip to bartleys, though.

Oh? And... dude? Treat her right. *Shows fist* She has swords. I do too. Not as MANY perhaps. But still swords.

I'm sure you will though [Smile]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

quote:

She still owes me a trip to bartleys, though.

I'll be sure to remind her. [Smile]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
"'ll be sure to remind her."

See how easy that is?! you already avoided swords for at least a year [Smile]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Problem is is that I'm going to try out fencing. What good is it to have a fencing couple if they don't fence each other for winners choice of what movie to go see? [Wink]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Waiting sucks.
rivka
Member # 4859

Wanna help me pack? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

You mean you haven't already? Heck, even I'M packed. [Wink]
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Waiting sucks.
Oh, come on, it's only another day and a half.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

I was going to pack last night . . . instead, I helped kids pack and graded papers.

Oh, and spent time on Hatrack. Hey, I'm gonna be gone a WHOLE WEEKEND! *twitch*

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Yeah, logan airport is unpleasant today.
Is there a reason she's not flying through Manchester instead? Did she get rerouted for storms perhaps? I've flown to Logan and I've flown to Manchester, and I can tell you that I'll never willingly choose Logan again!!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What good is it to have a fencing couple if they don't fence each other for winners choice of what movie to go see?
Well Nate, I have seen you both fence....

I hope you don't mind seeing every movie she wants to see for the next year of three.

Maybe for the rest of your life.

Welcome to married life, son. [Evil]

[ January 07, 2005, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

*cough* Oh, T . . . ?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so hungry I could gnaw my arm off.

We waited to take off for...four hours, three of which were sitting on the plane at the gate.

They couldn't start the plane. They went through four external starters. The last one worked (it was borrowed from another airline). In the meantime, they had to de-ice the plane three times.

The flight itself was uneventful. We arrive four and a half hours late. Duh, no connections. Earliest flight to Salt Lake is at 10 AM arriving in SLC at 12:46 pm or something. I have no luggage aside from my carry-on. "Your bag was checked right through, all you have to do is walk to your gate!"

They say it like it's a GOOD thing. Dammit, all the stuff that cleans me up and makes me feel human is in there!

On the flipside, this is the nicest hotel I've ever been in, all on United Airlines' bill. I'm on the 11th floor, overlooking Chicago in my jeans, Red Sox tshirt, and hoody.

That I get to wear to bed. Unless I decide to be risque. I might. I at least took my socks off.

I managed to score some contact solution from another stranded passenger and the hotel nicely provided shampoo, conditioner, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush. No hair stuff though, so while I'll smell clean, I'll resemble a twelve year old with my hair not done. *shrug*

Am waiting for food.

Foooooooooood.

And, I love Nathan. *insert puke smiley here* MMmmm. burger.

Paul, we're so hitting up Bartley's.

And Rob, Nathan and I tend to like same movies. [Smile]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I flew through Manchester. It's so odd that the WEATHER wasn't the issue, but a mechanical problem. The drive to the airport wasn't even as bad as most folks assumed (my rides buggered out, the weenies). I swore a lot as I searched for long term parking and then dragged my luggage through the mixslushsnowcrap.

Still waiting for food.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Food arrived. I haven't even touched the sandwich yet, but these chicago fries are the best ever.

I think that has something to do with me being prepared to gnaw my arm off before it got here.

Theca
Member # 1629

Sounds like my trip home on this past Sunday. Only, as Jamie knows, when I missed the connection cause the first plane was late I scorned the free hotel night and rented a car instead and drove all night to get home. I suppose the drive from Chicago to SLC might be slightly longer, tho. [Wink] And I don't recall Cincinnati offering me any free food either. This policy of keeping the suitcase in the airport overnight for the new connection flight is really annoying.

Jamie, have the hotel give you a wakeup call as a backup to the alarm clock. I bet you'll need it.

mackillian
Member # 586

REALLY annoying. I'd enjoy this hotel stay if I had fresh clothes for tomorrow. I'm grateful that I didn't get showered and dressed till 3 pm today.
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I started to get worried you'd miss your wedding Mack - till I figured out the time difference and realised your plane gets in on Friday, not Saturday.

Good thing, that!

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder if Nate would marry another girl if Jamie didn't show up for the wedding.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

He better not. As Paul said, I have swords. *makes intimidating face*
rivka
Member # 4859

Forget it, Kama. You'll never get there in time.
mackillian
Member # 586

[Eek!]

The betrayal!

Okay, I should crawl into bed now to sleep for...oh, five hours!

mackillian
Member # 586

I haven't used Lady Speedstick since I was in high school. Bleah. After a weird night of sleep that had me waking up in the middle convinced I was going to throw up, I'm off to catch my flight from O'Hare to SLC.

And the contact solution? Yeah, that'd be the kind I'm allergic to. But it's better than water and the burning only lasts for a little while.

And what sick bastard thought of giving PRETZELS to people on an already desert dry airplane? Augh. My skin and mouth haven't been this dry in a long time.

I hope O'Hare has some place with drugstore-y type stuff so I can moisturize.

I'm such a girl. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Nate hopes so...

If not, perhaps you should have gotten married in New England after all... [Big Grin]

The same taste in movies? Well, that is good for him, I guess.

It is all he will get to see for the next three years anyway, even with that ridiculous reach advantage he has.

Hell, even Jeff beat him.

Drunk.

The first time he touched a foil.

[Evil]

Best of luck getting there safely.
Even with dragon breath and bed head.

[Big Grin]

[ January 07, 2005, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
When does your new flight leave Jamie? I could possibly bring you some fresh clothes this evening if you haven't already left.

(Oh crap I guess she's already gone.) If this hadn't taken place entirely while I was asleep I could have seen her!

AJ

[ January 07, 2005, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's wishing Jamie an uneventful flight.

Since I won't be on this weekend, here's wishing Jamie and Nate a less stressful wedding than they're expecting. (I like reasonable wishes.)

Congrats! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, you two! I so wish I could be there to spread the hugsies around. [Smile]
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
OK, let's start planning the Post Wedding Picnic, Kwea!
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I hope O'Hare has some place with drugstore-y type stuff so I can moisturize.
I'm so proud.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[Big Grin]

O'Hare had moisturizer, but not any that were non comedegenic (however that's spelled).

I arrived safely in Salt Lake City at 12:35 Mountain Time yesterday.

I'll write about the REST of the day's stressors later. I need to go get ready. My sister calls.

[Smile]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Glad you made it safe and sound.

Happy Wedding!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! [Smile]
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Wedding! You'll have to moisturize 12 times a day while you're in Utah, so don't forget!! [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to you two... a bit early. [Smile] Just think of how all of this will make a great story for your kids and grandkids someday. (Or even the general public.)
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Utah is SO DRY. I'm having nearly crippling sinus headaches. My sister and best friend are stuffed up. Dry skin. Itchy!

*stabs deserts*

Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Jamie. I'll remember how dry Utah is as I shovel a foot of wet snow from my neighbor's driveway.

Seriously, though, that's one of the first things I noticed about the east coast the first time I went there as a child: the air was so WET. It was like trying to breathe in a swimming pool. Gross.

Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
Humid air in invigorating. Especially when the wind is blowing.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I hope your big day is going well. Congratulations and best wishes!

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, be thankful for that dry Utahmess, because no one would have been able to get out of their driveways if you had had it in New Hampshuh.

20 minutes!

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, it's 1:43 right now. Wasn't it starting at 1:00? If so, we're in, like, -27. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.