FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So*, Anybody Heard From Ndra Lately?

Author Topic: So*, Anybody Heard From Ndra Lately?
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been some time since I've seen her here--just wondering how she's doing.

*you know why by now.

[ January 07, 2005, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
(I don't get the *) I saw her screenname on IM maybe a week or two ago. I didn't actually talk to her at the time due to my own ill health and having a harder time keeping up with multiple conversations than normal, though we've chatted occasionally, and last time we talked, which was before Christmas she seemed ok.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks AJ.

A week or two ago we had a rash of threads on the front page that began with the word "So". Trisha started a thread about it, and since then I've generally been making a point of starting my threads with "So". Kind of stupid, when it's laid out like that, but what can you do?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NdRa
Member # 2295

- posted      Profile for NdRa   Email NdRa         Edit/Delete Post 
BannaOJ pointed me towards this thread and I must say it's a very pleasant suprise. I didn't think anyone would notice my absense. Thanks for asking about me. [Smile]

I have been doing really well. In a couple days, I will get my 90 day chip. Wow, 90 days sober... I didn't think it was possible.

Since I've been coming into work not looking like a crack-whore, they have been relying on me to handle bigger tasks. They actually trust me enough now to put me on large projects, and that hasn't left me much time to surf the web which also means little lurking at hatrack. I also started attending school. I'm trying to finish up with general classes so I can transfer into UCLA. Between a heavy work load, school Mon-Thur, and actively attending AA meetings, I don't have much time for much else.

I have no social life, and I find it very hard for me to speak with most of my friends, here at hatrack and in RL. I'm totally in hermit-mode which is probably a bad thing. I find myself not answering my phone and ignoring IM's from people I still love and admire. I don't know why I am doing that. I'm sure I've pissed off more than a handful of people. I apologize if I have done this to any of you reading this. Please don't take it personally and I'm trying to get out of that habit. It seems very strange as I used to be quite the social butterfly.

All in all, everything is going pretty well. I'm super busy, and super sober.

Anyway, I miss my frequent visits to the rack, and I'll have to catch up soon. Wow, I really missed you all!

Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I have been doing really well. In a couple days, I will get my 90 day chip.
YAY! [Hat]

quote:
I have no social life, and I find it very hard for me to speak with most of my friends, here at hatrack and in RL. I'm totally in hermit-mode which is probably a bad thing.
I don't know that it's necessarily bad. Sounds to me like you're cocooning, and figuring out how to reconfigure your life to sustain the new you. I would think that's a good thing. [Smile]

When you're ready to be a bit of a butterfly again, let me know. I'd love to take you to lunch. But there's no time-frame or expiration date on that. Whenever you're ready. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sandy,

Just thought I should chime in here.... When a person goes through the stuff you're having to deal with, hermit-time is not necessarily a bad thing. Your true friends will understand. You're rebuilding your life and that takes plenty of introspection, soul-searching and other navel-gazing type activities to find out who the new you is. Let the unecessary things slide until you have the mental energy to deal. When you're ready, your real friends will be there for you, and you're better off without the ones who aren't.

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
What Troubs said, in spades.

And wow, good for you. [Smile]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtownaga
Member # 7187

- posted      Profile for xtownaga   Email xtownaga         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't really know you but a great big [Hat] nonetheless!
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vwiggin
Member # 926

- posted      Profile for vwiggin   Email vwiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Another awesome Bruin to add to our already long list of awesome Bruins. [Smile]

I'm glad things are working out for you Sandy. Take all the time you need. We'll leave the light on for you.

Posts: 1592 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Hey, Ndra! Good to hear from you! Glad that things are going so well in your life. Take all the time you need for yourself, but know that there are people here who like you a hell of a lot, and will be delighted to see you again when you feel like hanging out here.
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Good for you! [Kiss]

And I echo Troub's and Sara's sentiments [Smile]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
90 days?! What a milestone Sandy!! We're really proud of you and all that you're accomplishing! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I loves my friend Dra. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.