FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hey Sara, Beverly, Trisha, and Tatiana!

Author Topic: Hey Sara, Beverly, Trisha, and Tatiana!
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Check yer mail!

[ January 09, 2005, 01:29 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*is sad to not be on the list of cool ladies* [Wink]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] I'm also reminded of why I decided to return to Tai Chi after reading a book about Osteopathy. There is meaning in position-- virtue, in the sense of building strength. Osteopaths were seeking the beneficial postures, and it occured to me the Chinese had been using them for centuries.

I was also reminded of a system of ethics I've been developing for my cloning story.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That was awesome, Noemon, thanks! [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Noemon. That must have taken a long time to type out, but it certainly is powerful.

I love The Compass Rose. I read and reread it for years. You've inspired me to dig out my old copy. [Smile]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*feels left out*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed. I would think the proper thing for these ladies to do would be to respond to the e-mail with e-mail of their own, keeping a private conversation private, instead of posting here and drawing our attention to the fact that we did not receive this e-mail and therefore do not understand what the conversation is about and are consequently left out of it. Making such public and cryptic references to something so obscure that fewer than half a dozen people understand it is simply impolite.
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I was just giving him a hard time. I wasn't bugged by his actions.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, I have been remiss.

In the fourth page of the Is Pet Ownership Ethical? thread, Noemon made reference to an Ursula LeGuin short story (from the compilation The Compass Rose). It addresses issues of interspecies communication.

The email was pertaining to that. My apologies to your delicate sensibilities, Verily. [Smile]

*grovels before your feet, fig leaf intact
[Wink]

Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
You are forgiven. Your properness is so refined most of the time that we can overlook this slip just this once.
[Wink]

quote:
Actually, I was just giving him a hard time. I wasn't bugged by his actions.
Neither was I. I probably wouldn't have even said anything at all, except that since Sara was involved, I thought it might be funny to make an etiquette joke out of it. [Smile]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

I know, Verily. [Smile]
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
"grovels before your feet, fig leaf intact"

Unless that's a very big fig leaf, such groveling may in fact be a lot more racy than you'd intended. [Smile]

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to point out a certain lack of email from a certain Noemon in spite of a days old email assuring me more were to come.

[Mad]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Celia, you're kidding me! I've been waiting for a reply from you!

Hell. [Grumble]

I'll look in my sent mail and see if there's a copy of me message saved. If so I'll resend it.

[ January 09, 2005, 03:11 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

The last two replies I have are to the emperor story and the one that says "more later."

The last two I sent were that story and another story from our recent trip.

You so have email issues!

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

*taps foot*
Noemon
Member # 1115

It isn't in my saved mail either, so my guess is that my mail client timed out and just sent the message out into the ether when I clicked send. I'll have to rewrite the damned thing.
celia60
Member # 2039

This would be hilarious if someone other than me weren't getting your emails. We need our own private forum so we can see when our responses do and don't post.

Oh, and then we can talk about how great our forum is and not let anyone else join. Won't that be fun?

Noemon
Member # 1115

You know, Mike has offered to set me up a forum for my upcoming RPing game (something that I plan to take him up on). Maybe we could convince him to make us an ultra-elite forum just for us. We could occasionally make inscrutable in-joke type references to things we'd said in it just to make everyone else feel inadequate.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

[Mad]
celia60
Member # 2039

Can we call it the No Porter Club?
Noemon
Member # 1115

[Smile] I think that sounds like a *delightful* name!
celia60
Member # 2039

heh, I think Porter's actually making that face because he'd rather rp over email than on a forum.
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
Just the term RP leaves me [Dont Know]
[Smile]

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Can we call it the No Porter Club?
Ooh! Can I join?
Noemon
Member # 1115

RP=Role Playing, Trisha.

Porter--you are certainly welcome to submit an application for membership on our ultra-elite fourm. We will enjoy laughing together over how woefully underqualified you are to become a member, and will post mp3s of us reading your essay responses in silly, mocking voices.

celia60
Member # 2039

i will actually be posting an mpeg acting out his essay in my valkyrie costume.
Noemon
Member # 1115

And oh, how we'll laugh as we watch the mpegs.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I be in the No-Porter Club?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Excellent!
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Does the No-Porter Club allow the drinking of port and/or porter?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

*feels uncomfortable*
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
O_o Shmoo...?

(pat pat) I'm sorry, Porter, I'm just joining because it looks good on a resume. Secretly I still like you. (shh)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

SchmOOOOooo. Loved that character.
celia60
Member # 2039

I'm sorry, Tom. We can only explain the rules of membership to current members. If you would like to apply for membership, don't bother.
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Dear No-Porter Club,

Please let me in your club. I think that I would make a good addition to your club. I am fun and hard-working and learn quickly. I am not a nerd so you don't have to worry about that. Please let me in because your club is the awesomest and that way I can have some friends and my mom says I need to make some friends and I know we would be best friend and have the bestest time ever.
Professionally,
Porter

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.