FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anybody familiar with "Betty's Summer Vacation?"

Author Topic: Anybody familiar with "Betty's Summer Vacation?"
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
It's a play by Christopher Durang, and I just found out a few days ago that auditions for it are being held tonight. In the short notice, I haven't been able to get my hands on a copy of it. Any info that would help me be a bit more prepared (the audition format is cold readings and improv games) would be appreciated.

(BTW, I'm pretty sure that since the play is full-length, it should properly be italicized, not in quotation marks. However, I'm not sure if UBB code works in the title field.)

Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
You need how much? More than the sneak peek that Amazon gives you when you choose "search inside" and read the first few pages of the screenplay?

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian J. Hill
Member # 5346

- posted      Profile for Brian J. Hill   Email Brian J. Hill         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks FG, that helps. Really, all I need is a passing understanding of the characters and language so I don't make a fool of myself when reading. I thought since it's a pretty popular show, that maybe someone on Hatrack had seen it and could offer some enlightenment. I've been reading googled reviews of it for the past half-hour, and am learning quite a bit. Semms like a pretty far-out show.
Posts: 786 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.