FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » For Narnia... my name "revealed"

Author Topic: For Narnia... my name "revealed"
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

- posted      Profile for BotaLadyG   Email BotaLadyG         Edit/Delete Post 
The screen name I use is derived from Lady Godiva (no real reason other than I thought it sounded cool...lol) and the Bota part is because I am part of an Online gaming team and married to one of its founders our site (my husband is Bota1)

feel free to stop by our forums... they aren't nearly as fast paced or populated (or inhabited by as many incredibley intelligent people [Wink] )

and thank you for the warm welcome Bev

Nicole

[ January 13, 2005, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: BotaLadyG ]

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome! [Kiss] I hope you enjoy your Hatracking experience.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Nicole! [Wave] I hope you enjoy it here!!
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Nicole, are you in any way related to Nicole Kidman? [Razz]

And welcome to the forum! [Big Grin]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
That's the second person on this board that I know is named Nicole...
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Angst] It's an invasion!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tink
Member # 7267

- posted      Profile for Tink   Email Tink         Edit/Delete Post 
Lady Godiva . . . scantily-clad woman on a horse, right? (;

Welcome from one newbie to another! (:

Posts: 25 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the explaination of your name, Nicole. I was wondering about that myself. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yay Nicole!! The mystery is solved. (Well, not solved, you just told me the answer.) [Wink]

So now my question is, how did you end up on Hatrack? Are you an OSC fan? Did a friend of a friend refer you? Did you happen upon it because of /. ? *wink*

I myself am the product of a referral. [Smile]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

Corwin.... no, no relation to kidman...

Tink .. yeah naked lady and her horse [Monkeys]

Narnia... I happened on hatrack because I was reading the Alvin series and at the beginning of Crystal City he referenced where some of the character names came from (Papa Moose Mama Squirrel .. etc) and I felt compelled to check out this place...

I have read quite a few of his books and really enjoy them, so i guess you could call me a fan.. [Smile]

and just for my own curiosity what the heck is this /. thing?? I read a post where it was torn to shreds... someone please fill me in... [Confused]

Thank You to all of you for welcoming me so warmly... I love reading the posts here and seeing the tight bonds between all of you and hope that someday I will be a part of it..

Posts: 115 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
"/." is shorthand for slashdot, which is kind of a geek news site. It's pretty common for them to link to some relatively obscure site, and for that site to suddenly go down under the onslaught of slashdot visitors going to check it out.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BotaLadyG
Member # 7053

ahhhh now I get it!! *feels silly* [Blushing]
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hat] Welcome to Hatrack. [Wave]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.