FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Q&A and Comments Thread

Author Topic: The Q&A and Comments Thread
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
Did it ever occur to you that you need to post something, but the answer will be so brief that the thread should be deleted? or did you ever have a short, funny comment to state, but do not need a whole discussion erupting from it?

Bingo, this is the place for you! Post here and get a quick answer, or write a short, rhetorical comment/statement.

[ January 15, 2005, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Groundhog Day is my favorite movie. It is on a Wednesday this year. That is all.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Member # 7035

- posted      Profile for Tater           Edit/Delete Post 
Am I the only one that just saw that Jets' interception?
Whooo hoooo hooo! [The Wave]

Posts: 925 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
No, I saw it. It was like watching a car wreck. I couldn't believe it, then I couldn't believe no one tackeled him!

To whom was the QB throwing?!?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! A new Anything thread, and one that wasn't initiated by me!

Mothertree, are you one of Trisha's aliases?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
It *is* Trisha! I thought so, just from the Groundhog day reference.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
"Bing! First guess straight out of the box."
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Why am I watching Broadcast News when I really hate this show?
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
What's the name of the Seinfeld episode that goes in reverse chronological order?
Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
How many times can TNT possibly play the movie U.S. Marshals? Surely there has to be a limit, right?
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Has there been a thread about Crossfire's cancellation?
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
What was Johnny Depp wearing at the Golden Globes and why did he choose that particular look?

O.o

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Why isn't anyone answering any questions? Did nobody notice the "&A" portion of the thread title?
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know.

Don't care.

Probably not.

No idea.

Don't want to know.

Clearly not.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
How many times can TNT possibly play the movie U.S. Marshals? Surely there has to be a limit, right?
This is TNT we're talking about. The channel that premiers a movie by playing it twice in a 4 hour period. I don't think they have a limit.
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
ooo
I wonder if I can get a large picture of that. Johnny Depp always wears such nice clothes, even when they are torn and he is artfully wearing a bag.
Plus he wears COOL HATS. Sadly, gone are the days when men wear cool hats, so women should all wear... fedoras. Why can't I have one?

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I loved Johnny Depp in? Chocolat.

I made chocolate cupcakes tonight, woo-hoo!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homestarrunner
Member # 5090

- posted      Profile for Homestarrunner   Email Homestarrunner         Edit/Delete Post 
Anybody else have a Nerf basketball hoop set up? Wanna play Horse?
Posts: 144 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
If the Black Box is something made out of an invulnerable material, why isn't the whole plane made out of it?
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

Syn, you don't like Broadcast News? Do you think it's not a good movie or just a bummer they way it winds up? That is, do you not think the media constantly struggles between being relevant and being mere entertainment?
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I haven't seen it in a while, but it annoyed me how shrill Holly Hunter's character was and how all the men who acted like jerks to get ahead just like she did still ended up stable while she seemed to be miserable compared to them
Plus I really, really hate most 80s movies like Fatal Attraction, Baby Boom and Overboard. Maybe it's a feminist thing, or the fact that they are terible movies.
And why should I feel sorry for that guy in Fatal Attraction when he skanked around which was totally wrong? He was the one that stepped out on his wife, therefore inviting the viper into their lives, and I'm supposed to feel sorry for him? No way.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"You know what I loved Johnny Depp in? Chocolat."

I loved the book, but was ticked that they made the ending all hunky dory. Johnny Depp was definitey a hottie in that, though.

Sorry, but I have to do it: "Do you know what I like Johnnie dipped in? Chocolat

[ January 17, 2005, 11:48 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

[ROFL]
mothertree
Member # 4999

But do you like 80's films with Johhny Depp in them? I guess there weren' that many. I dont' remember him being in Platoon.

"I'm reading and singing at the same time, I'm reading and singing..."

Holly Hunter's character was representative of something in that movie, I'm not sure what. Perhaps "The Truth" that the news seeks to embody. But the whole point was that she would wind up alone.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Of course I like the 80s movies with JD in them. Like Edward Scissorhands. Did you know they considered Tom Cruise for the role? Only JD can pull off that enduring innocence thing. *sigh* *hearts*
I haven't seen platoon in ages and I hate horror movies...
I guess I mostly hate 80s comedies. There's something unfunny about them. And I despise Adrian Lyne so much.

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
Edward Scissorhands
As if it is possible not to like it! Tim (the director), is spectacular!
mothertree
Member # 4999

I had to look up Adrian Lyne. I think you might have a point there. The only of those movies I have actually seen is "Indecent Proposal." I guess it was sort of thought provoking. But I don't remember how it ended. Lyne appears to be a bit limited in directorial interest.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

He is, (The dude who directed ES, not Adrian Lyne) and so weird in a delightful way.
Why do I keep watching bad television shows? You'd think it would be easy to quit the bad tee vee habit.

Lyne seems to be a little... misogynous to put it mildly.
Like Lolita! Arg! Hated that movie! My friend tortured me with that movie. Drove me insane!

[ January 17, 2005, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Synesthesia ]

Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
Why do I keep watching bad television shows?
I still watch Parkinson. Billy Connolly was interviewed. He discussed snakes, which fancied him... And his new theory about "elevator behaviour".

My lungs ache.

[ January 17, 2005, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Howard ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. I would say that 80s comedies were, on the whole, better than current day ones. Gone is wit; gone is situation-based humor. In their place we have slapstick and humor based on humiliation. "I used to milk cats." Indeed. I despise modern comedy.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CookieMonster
Member # 7238

- posted      Profile for CookieMonster           Edit/Delete Post 
Why am I paying any attention to this thread??? [Dont Know]
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

Because I initiated it. [Wink]
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I can smell your brains.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Why didn't I think of this? And if I did why didn't I create it? [Dont Know]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

quote:
I can smell your brains.
I know, they're badly maintained.

quote:
Why didn't I think of this? And if I did why didn't I create it?
You didn't think of it because, because you never realise your uncunsciousness.

You didn't create it because I realised it needed to be done before you did.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If the Black Box is something made out of an invulnerable material, why isn't the whole plane made out of it?
Because an airplane made entirely of that (extremely dense) material would never get off the ground.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.