FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Your favorite CDs that nobody else pays attention to (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your favorite CDs that nobody else pays attention to
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
El Rayo X
David Lindley

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Soara
Member # 6729

- posted      Profile for Soara   Email Soara         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
American Pie - Don McClean

LOVE this song.

Un Día Normal, Juanes

(spanish music kicks ass)

Posts: 464 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jasonepowell
Member # 1600

- posted      Profile for jasonepowell   Email jasonepowell         Edit/Delete Post 
Ben - yeah, the Pietasters pretty much rock for reissuing that stuff - fortunately I already had it all, since they're my favorite band of all time.

Once I heard Moon had shut its doors, I ripped all my out of print stuff to hard drive, thus ensuring that I won't ever lose it.

:-)

Posts: 1281 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
i was homeless at the time. so ripping to a harddrive really wasnt an option...but alot of my friends still had a bunch of moon stuff so...
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
II by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster by Maylene and the Sons of Disaster

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
Liquid Swords by GZA the Genius
Black on Both Sides by Mos Def

Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Threads
Member # 10863

- posted      Profile for Threads   Email Threads         Edit/Delete Post 
Songs:
Entravanse - Saphara
La Proxima - Marcos
Lost In Dreams (Rrecall 2006) - Mike NRG
Beautiful Ways (Original Mix) - Stephan Mone

Posts: 1327 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Costello Music, by the Fratellis
Plume Delivery, by the 1900s

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Launchywiggin
Member # 9116

- posted      Profile for Launchywiggin   Email Launchywiggin         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like this thread because everyone has something that they really feel is unique to themselves, and we've got such a wide variety. What's bad, though, is that a small part of me wants my favorite "ignored" albums to stay that way, because they make me feel special. Does that make me an elitist? I'm always trying to get away from that. These are the albums I like that I've never seen anyone else have:

Phantom Moon by Duncan Sheik
How did you find me here? by David Wilcox
Veneer by Jose Gonzalez
echoed: Modest Mouse albums before Good news..
both of Rory's Stitt's albums (great for solo piano lovers in the vein of Ben Folds)
Sufjan Steven's albums other than Illinois
Lemon Parade by tonic

Muse and Elbow are in my top 5 behind only Radiohead [Cool] From what I understand, they're huge in Britain. I've got all of their albums [Big Grin] Definitely get all of Muse's early albums--and Elbow's Asleep in the Back is my favorite falling asleep music.

Posts: 1314 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Flying Dracula Hair
Member # 10155

- posted      Profile for The Flying Dracula Hair   Email The Flying Dracula Hair         Edit/Delete Post 
If easy could people link to samples? (thanks much Jim-Me!)

Robert Fripp & The League of Crafty Guitarists - Intergalactic Boogie Express
The Scaring Party - A Concise Introduction
Rube Waddell - Stinkbait
Amy X Neuburg - Residue

and absolutely all Jim White - Wrong-Eyed Jesus!, No Such Place, + Drill A Hole In That Substrate And Tell Me What You See

Dit:
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
El Rayo X
David Lindley

I'm definitely going to have to check this out now that I've seen it mentioned by another body, I used to love listening to this nameless bootleg I burned that has David Lindly playing with Ry Cooder. Tankles!
Posts: 299 | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo St. Elmo
Member # 9566

- posted      Profile for Eduardo St. Elmo   Email Eduardo St. Elmo         Edit/Delete Post 
Auscultate by Salt
CQ by The Outsiders

Posts: 993 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The Quicksilver Meat Dream, I Mother Earth
Planets Conspire, The Meligrove Band

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

A Place To Bury Strangers - A Place to Bury Strangers

Six Demon Bag- Man Man

Spiderman of the Rings - Dan Deacon

The Death of Cool - Kitchens of Distinction

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
The Crane Wife, The Decemberists.

ETA: Mirrored, Battles.

[ September 12, 2007, 11:08 AM: Message edited by: Lime ]

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
The Walk by Hanson

Anything by Ska-P

Even though it was two years ago that it was mentioned, I also loved Absolution by Muse.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
No one pays attention to The Crane Wife? I thought I was pushing it with Costello Music. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lime
Member # 1707

- posted      Profile for Lime   Email Lime         Edit/Delete Post 
Well. None of my local friends. I've tried getting them to listen to it only to receive "meh" in response. It's disheartening.

This might also be pushing it: Haunted, P.O.E.

Posts: 753 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
Some of you may laugh me out of this thread, but I like Elton John's Leather Jackets (1986), even if many people including Elton himself hate it. It's definitely in the lower half of Elton's albums, but it has such a quintessential 80's synthesizer sound.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nathan2006
Member # 9387

- posted      Profile for Nathan2006   Email Nathan2006         Edit/Delete Post 
Anything by Jennifer Knapp (I came onto her after she had left the music business, though, so it's possible that she was more famous than I think.)

Sara Groves is just now starting to be recognized as the brilliant lyrisist that she is.

Jars of Clay should be more famous than they are.

Posts: 438 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Only Four Seasons by Joe Purdy

Harpo's Ghost and Avalanche by Thea Gilmore

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brontes
Member # 10974

- posted      Profile for Brontes   Email Brontes         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe this doesn't count, BUT, I really liked the soundtracks from the "last of the Mohicans" movie. The music is awesome!
Posts: 4 | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

My newest addition to this list:

None Shall Pass by Aesop Rock

JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
Bringing Home the Ashes by The Wild Swans.
The Ocean Blue by The Ocean Blue.
Anything by New Order.

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.