FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Snow Storm

Author Topic: Snow Storm
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Here I am in MA where we are having a blizzard.
I feel guilty because I am not going to work.
There is no way I can walk in this and besides, I wonder if they will close up everything or if the library will be closed tomorrow.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayren
Member # 7317

- posted      Profile for Ayren   Email Ayren         Edit/Delete Post 
Same here everything in my town is shut down. It's only got 25,000 people and most of them live in the middle of nowhere so it's no big surprise.
Posts: 19 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm jealous...we were originally predicted to have heavy snow yesterday, and we got maybe an inch. I like snow, especially when I don't have to drive in it.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I like snow when I don't have to walk in it. I bet even the 7-11 is closed, but I don't have a way of finding out.
I knew I should have stocked up more, but I got all cheap and frugal.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Over two feet here, and still all sorts of blizzardy goodness outside.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

Where are you?
Here we are having white out conditions. I couldn't go out if I wanted to...
I have never seen a storm like this before.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
We only got about a foot. I tell you, Boston always gets more than Western Mass. More funding, more attention, more snow.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
We got a foot and a half to two feet.

GREAT POWDER! [Big Grin]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My son wanted to go out in the snow, and my husband said, "No, not yet. You'll mess it up!"
I thought I would wet my pants laughing. My son just looked at him like he was nuts.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we got two feet, but it's hard to tell, because it blew all around. The wind is still blowing and poor Chuck is out there with the snowblower trying to make sidewalks out of snowdrifts. Silly man.

I hope the winds die down soon so my son and I can go sledding!

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Speaking of snow removal, I wonder how our friend Bob is doing? hee hee.

[ January 23, 2005, 02:01 PM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
[Grumble] Stupid snow and buses being canceled. Now I have to take the expensive train home from NYC. And figure out what to do with my return bus ticket.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
We only got a few inches here, but I did have to bike through it...

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh, that train is like five hundred round trip or something, isn't it??

We have 50 mph winds so it's hard to tell how high the snow is, but there's some drifts as tall as people. And there's NO SCHOOL TOMORROW [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
My landlord is gone and I don't know if they'd let me work the snowblower. Or if I even know how to use it. *gets ready to do the shoveling the old fashioned way*
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
It's crazy with the wind... In the yard are areas where you can see grass sticking through the snow, and then there are the photos from my Blizzard! thread.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

I still feel guilty for not being at work, but the snow has not let up. It's been like this since last night..
Persistant little things snowflakes are.

Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
It's pretty bad here in Jersey, too.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Michigan sent it to you.

I'm sorry.

We didn't want it.

It was cold and snowing and we all just said "SHOO!"

...that and I said some prayers to the Snow Demons...

SORRY! Thought we were sending it back to Canada! [Wink]

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
It's funny, we got about a foot here, but it was pretty powdery. My first thought was 'I bet Jamie would love to snowboard on this!'. [Wink]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I'm going boarding tomorrow. [Big Grin]
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the US isn't the only country having snow, is it? In Lyon, France, this was the first time it snowed this year. It was a beautiful morning, than the blizzard kicked in. It got really, really dark all of a sudden! And just when we were all cheering for the snow... it stopped. [Grumble] In a couple of hours the sun came out, everything melted and you'd never have said it snowed at all. But wait, there's more! Blizzard again! This time it was a shorter one, so we're left with a thin powder covering everything, but not for long, I'm sure. The fun part though is figuring out what to wear... [Confused]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.