FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Oooo . . .shiny shoeses (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Oooo . . .shiny shoeses
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome. [Smile]

I was looking at the shoes again, too - they look so comfortable! I think you made a really good choice with those. [Smile]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, good choice. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You should see them in person. It's enough to give a fella a foot fetish.

[Hail] <insert shoe here>

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, are you supposed to be seeing shoes and such? Isn't that supposed to be bad luck or something?
[No No]

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
They look great, Dana.

You know, you two (You and Bob. Not you and the shoes. Though I guess that would be you three, really.) are going to have such a great wedding. I can just imagine the joy.

I wish I could afford to fly to America on a whim.

[Frown]

Oh well, I'll settle for attending it vicariously through Hatrack. [Smile]

Where can I send a card to?

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

I wish I could afford to fly to America on a whim.

I don't know about that, but you can fly here in an airplane.

send e-mail and we'll get you an address to send cards, wallabies, didgeridoos, etc.

bscopatz AT data-nexus DOT com
or
dkw2 AT netins DOT net

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

mauibabe...I've got good luck to spare. I'm marrying Dana.
[Kiss]

Seriously, though, I've been inundated with suggestions of what to do and not do. I'm so confused now I've just decided that EVERYTHING is good luck.

I plan to step in dog doo on the way into the church, just to be on the safe side, though.

imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Will do.

How do you feel about a kelpie pup for a present?

(She may have just dug up my herb bed, jumped in her pool and then jumped muddy paws and all onto the bed.)

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I said didgeridoo, not didgeridoodoo.

[Big Grin]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread makes me laugh.

When Jenni and I got married about a year and a half ago I insisted on wearing a Tux, but flat out refused to wear plastic shoes...

You know the ones I mean, the ones that pinch your heels so bad that by the end of the night you can't walk another step.

I had plastic covered shoes in the service...and I hated them. I have seen a ton of people almost cripple themselves in those shoes at weddings.

So I went and bought me a pair of Deer Stags, a very comfortable pair of black wingtips, and I wore those. They looked better than the crap the tux place was trying to pawn off on me, and I got to keep them.

I have worn the hell out of them, almost every day at work since we were married, and they are still the best pair of dress shoes I have ever owned.

And I was comfortable at the wedding, and got to dance all night long. [Big Grin]

[ February 24, 2005, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
btw - You guys have just about the cutest dog on the planet.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smokey
Member # 6531

- posted      Profile for Smokey   Email Smokey         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks.

[Razz] <---slobbery doggie kisses

Posts: 11 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Yo, Sis!

About that shoe thing?

You said silver, right?

Not purple?

But silver?

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh! Shiny!

I like the penultimate ones best.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Those would be my princess shoes. [Smile] I got them from KrabbyPatty 3 or 4 birthdays ago.

They are beautiful, but do not stay on terribly well for dancing, and so will not be my maid of honor shoes.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

*tries to refrain from voting*

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

But your opinion is valued! Do vote.

[Wink]

twinky
Member # 693

Just a minute. Let me refresh my memory...
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Okay. Here is my considered opinion:

For the purpose of the wedding and reception and stuff, I'm going to have to go with the last pair.

If comfort and appropriateness were not a concern, however, I would totally wear the third pair for the rest of my life if I were you. [Big Grin]

ElJay
Member # 6358

The third pair is not uncomfortable, actually. But the silver vinyl corset that goes with it really isn't work attire.
rivka
Member # 4859

They LOOK uncomfortable.

The fourth pair is what color? They look black . . .

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Nor, I suspect, is it wedding attire...
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Nifty shoes!

[Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

rivka, the fourth pair is silver also, but not as shiny. They're silk, the color doesn't come through too well in the picture.

twinky, no, wedding attire is purple satin. Floor length, actually.

Thanks Shan! I like them. [Smile]

[ March 11, 2005, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

twinky
Member # 693

You could wear the third pair to be sneaky. [Wink]
ElJay
Member # 6358

And nobody will know but me...
rivka
Member # 4859

If I were choosing, I'd go with the fourth pair, then. But I'm a wuss, and won't wear much in the way of heels -- haven't in years.

But even before I had kids, and wore heels, I avoided them if I was going to be dancing. Especially spike heels -- both for my own sake, and as a public service to whomever I might trod upon.

[ March 11, 2005, 12:30 AM: Message edited by: rivka ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

The fourth pair! Really?

Those go with my best business suit, which I haven't actually worn since the last time I went on a job interview. I just threw 'em in to even out the wording. [Smile] And really, you can't tell, but the heel is just as high on those as the last pair.

(Also, they would actually be harder to dance in, because they don't have an ankle strap. Nope, they're right out. Ankle straps are necessary for dancing.)

[ March 11, 2005, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

Intelligence3
Member # 6944

- posted      Profile for Intelligence3   Email Intelligence3         Edit/Delete Post 
These are very Barbarella.

(I would have linked to the comic instead of the movie, but I couldn't find a webpage about the comic that didn't have at least some inappropriate artwork.)

Posts: 720 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Frown] Barbarella linky not working for me, I3. Although I'm not positive that deserves a sad face.... [Wink]

[ March 11, 2005, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

rivka
Member # 4859

Weird. The link works just fine for me. [Dont Know]

Ankle straps + dancing would almost certainly = me with a twisted ankle. But if you say that the heels are as high as the last pair (do you wear any FLATS? like, ever?), then yeah, I vote for the last pair.

I still like the princess ones, but shoes must be practical too. At least a little. [Wink]

ElJay
Member # 6358

Sure I wear flats! Particularly in the summer, lots of sandels. I wore flats today, even. But I was only pulling out the silver shoes for this, and why in the world would anyone want silver flats?

I need to find an excuse to wear the princess shoes more often... Maybe this summer. They're not good in snow. [Wink]

scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]
You know, I don't think you'd get weird stalker-mail if you didn't post pictures of you in heels.

Just putting two and two together here...
[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

[EDIT: There's a limit to how many "images" you can have in a post, who knew?]

[ March 11, 2005, 01:25 AM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
why in the world would anyone want silver flats?
[Razz] I have two pairs. Four, if you count the ones that are silver and another color.
ElJay
Member # 6358

scottneb, the stalker mail came via USPS, to my home address. From someone who said they had seen me around the neighborhood. Since I rarely wear heels when I hang out in my yard or walk around the block, I sincerely doubt the two are related.

(Plus it's kinda hard to form a cause/effect relationship when the effect happened before the proposed cause. I'm just saying.)

[ March 11, 2005, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't really serious. Maybe I need to put some [Smile] 's in that last post.

Oh, and don't think that I was ooglin'. I'm happily married and hate feet, no matter who they belong to.

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, sorry I took you seriously. [Wink]

And of course I didn't think you were ooglin'. The disapproval sounded way too thick for that. [Razz]

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Silver.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

*sigh*

That's it? Just silver?

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
If it were me, I'd wear the last pair. But it's not me, so wear whichever you want. I'm taking a hands-off attitude, remember?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You were a lot more fun to tease when we were little.

Seeing as the last pair is the one I went out and bought Tuesday for the wedding, and the one Mom measured my "waist to floor" distance in, yeah, I'll probably be wearing those.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.