FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Starfish, Maelstrom and Behemoth - Peter Watts

Author Topic: Starfish, Maelstrom and Behemoth - Peter Watts
Wonder Dog
Member # 5691

- posted      Profile for Wonder Dog           Edit/Delete Post 
A while ago I read Starfish by Vancouver Sifi author Peter Watts. Loved it, and have been trying to find it's sequel, Mealstrom, in paperback. (We students can't afford harcovers.) Chapters, Amazon and Indigo are all having a hard time getting it in... Grrr!

To make matters worse, they've just released the sequel to Maelstrom - Behemoth (part 1). So now that's everywhere, and I don't want to touch it until I read Maelstrom.

So, some questions: Anyone else read these books? Or know somewhere I could order Maelstrom paprback online? General question: Ever read a sequel out of order? How did it go for you?

Posts: 353 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I found it on Amazon's U.S. web site. Here's a link. They seem to have it in stock.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Wonder Dog,
Don't hurry, because as soon as you finish the second book, you will have to wait a year for the third to be in paperback.

Authors are eeevile, I have decided. No more series-reading for me until they are good and finished.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.