FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Utah Jatraqueros - Time for a Meeting

Author Topic: Utah Jatraqueros - Time for a Meeting
flyby
Member # 3630

- posted      Profile for flyby   Email flyby         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey y'all. I think that we should have a Jatraquero meeting at BYU sometime next week, I was thinking about next Friday at around 1pm. Does that sound good to anyone else?
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a class till 2 but if it were pushed forward a little, sounds like fun. [Smile]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homestarrunner
Member # 5090

- posted      Profile for Homestarrunner   Email Homestarrunner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll see. Work's keeping me pretty busy but I can usually get away for lunch.
Posts: 144 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible for me to come, but unlikely. I'll think about it.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm free at that time. I think that would be fun! It's been a while since we've done one of our wilk lunches. [Smile] (2:00 works for me too, but I have choir at 3:00)
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

Hey, who are you, Homestarrunner? AFR?

<----Hasn't been around much lately, and couldn't remember.

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

2pm sounds good to me
Posts: 1261 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, while you're all lurking around in this thread....I wanted to let you know that I'll be thereabouts (Salt Lake area) from March 20-25. Dyawanna hang out?
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

yes! [Big Grin]
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds fun, but gnixing works, so we wont make it. [Cry]
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Word to your mother!
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

yay hansenj. [Smile] (do you spell your name with an i or a y? Or should it just be jennifer?

I'll start a thread in a bit so we can plan a party to celebrate the cuteness that is me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh man, Cecily is going to be in UT? Is this because I moved away?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

[Smile] No silly. If you were still in Utah you'd have Jamie with you and SHE'S the one I really want to see!

*wink*

T_Smith
Member # 3734

So I'm not as important as Jamie? ::sniff::
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Yep. (((nathan)))

No I'm kidding. I'm actually miffed that you guys are so far away. [Frown]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Sorry, I have to post this somewhere, because it was said on TV in a totally nonghostbuster related way.

"Are you the gatekeeper?"

hansenj
Member # 4034

I spell it with an 'ie', just like flyby if I remember correctly. [Smile]
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I could make it to BYU on Friday, it kindof depends on my work schedule and all. Anyway, it'd be cool to meet some of you guys for once.
Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

Yes, that is correct. I spell my name with the ie. IT is the one true way. Just kidding. Man, I getting excited to meet y'all!
raventh1
Member # 3750

I think I have worked out my schedule, and I'll make it. Do we have a place set ?

Narnia: Sure.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

In the past when we've done BYU get togethers we've met in front of the bookstore on the upper floor on the 3rd floor of the wilk (just outside the computer part of the bookstore). There are tables and stuff there. But anywhere will work really.
Mr.Gumby
Member # 6303

- posted      Profile for Mr.Gumby   Email Mr.Gumby         Edit/Delete Post 
Why can't there be a Utah Hatrack meeting in Salt Lake. I'd love to meet Utah hatrackers, but BYU is a little to close to the Empty Sea(Think about it) for me, jk.

Oh, if you're wondering. It's no longer "Elder" Gumby. I had to come home because I didn't take care of some stuff before I left.

Posts: 312 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I won't be able to make it at 2:00...sorry guys, but 2:15 was the only time I could schedule to meet with my mentor. I might be able to make it by 2:30 if you stick around the wilk for a while.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

*bumpbump*

That's too bad, Ashley!

Hey, are we still doing this? Do we have a set plan?

mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
gumby, I'm in SL. Sort of. Unincorporated Salt Lake county, anyhow.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, hansenj, yes, I'm AFR. [Smile]

And Homestarrunner.

Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

The guy that relieves me is late, i'm still here at work, I'll be going home, sleeping, and heading down to BYU. I will be at the wilk around 2pm.
I will check this thread again before I leave.

hansenj
Member # 4034

Well, I'll probably be sitting at one of the tables upstairs in the wilk in front of the bookstore at about 2:00. Hopefully I'll see you all there! [Smile]
hansenj
Member # 4034

We had a Jennie Party! woot. [Smile]

Hope we didn't miss anyone that showed up. We hung around the entrance to the computer part of the bookstore for about 15 minutes and then checked the thread to see if anyone said anything.

Missed everyone that couldn't make it!

We had fun though. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather we're having. [Big Grin] Feels like spring!

raventh1
Member # 3750

I'm still down here.
I got here way late.

[ February 04, 2005, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: raventh1 ]

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm currently planning to be on the BYU campus on Wednesday afternoon.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

[Wave] Hi, Mark. Too bad we missed you. I'm already home for the night or else we could try and meet up before you left. Hopefully your trip down to Provo isn't too pointless.

Hey, maybe we can try this again on Wednesday? I'm up for it (though I would only be able to do it at 1:00 because I have class at 2). What does everyone think?

The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I think that it is simply my destiny to never meet another Hatracker. I didn't actually see this thread until after the meeting was over.

I was planning to be on the BYU campus doing some work this afternoon but I had to rearrange my schedule to accomodate a meeting the the Dean. I've managed to miss meeting up with Annie everytime I've been in Bozeman. I'm either out of the country or have a conflict everytime there is a Utah gathering.
It is simply my destiny to remain "unreal" forever.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

I hung out with my sister. Wednesdays work much better for me, I don't work Tuesday nights. ( I have to work Friday nights, so I'm home again now.)
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang. I just saw this thread. I would totally love to get to meet some of you. Not that today would've worked out for me -- I had work. But at least I could've been missing you all at 2:00 and feeling lonely and sad that I didn't get to come. As it was I had to content myself with having a relatively smooth day at work, feeling pretty good about what I accomplished, and enjoying the company of my co-workers.
Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
flyby
Member # 3630

I would be able to come to a meeting at 1pm on Wednesday, if we wanted to do that.
hansenj
Member # 4034

Tons of stuff has suddenly come up, and going to a get together tomorrow seems highly unlikely. I have a deadline that I didn't know about for application into the music education program that's on Thursday, so I'm currently running around like my head's been cut off. Sorry!
Narnia
Member # 1071

Wow Jennie, that's a doozy of an application. Have you heard anything yet?
hansenj
Member # 4034

Yeah, it was hectic for a while there. I'm still trying to recover from how far behind in my school work it made me. I actually find out tomorrow (TOMORROW!!) whether or not I am accepted. [Eek!] I have my interview at 11:15. Yes, I'm sort of freaking out. [Angst]
Narnia
Member # 1071

Oo ooo oooo!!! Let me know! That program is notorious for making it's applicants get down on their knees in total abdication and humiliation. [Wink] But I kind of did the same thing for MY program and I remember how much it sucked.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!

hansenj
Member # 4034

Well, I just got back from my interview, and they decided to send out letters this year instead of telling us at the interview. So, I won't know for a couple weeks now. I'll keep you posted though!
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
That's just plain evil. [Mad]
Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

You're telling me... [Wink]

(AntiCool is mr_porteiro_head, yes?)

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

My application is due Tuesday... [Angst]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.