FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » wolfgang peterson and "ender's game"

Author Topic: wolfgang peterson and "ender's game"
keepsmilin
Member # 6607

- posted      Profile for keepsmilin   Email keepsmilin         Edit/Delete Post 
So I know that there's been talk about Enders Game being made into a movie for a really long time, but now it seems official. On IMDB (internet movie database), if you look up Wolfgang Peterson- who directed "troy" and "air force one" it says that it's announced that he will direct Enders Game, and that it'll come out in 2006. I don't know about you guys, but I think thats pretty exciting news, we have a great director filming a great book.
thats all!

[ January 28, 2005, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: keepsmilin ]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
no way!
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Destineer
Member # 821

- posted      Profile for Destineer           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you being sarcastic? The films you mentioned are two of Peterson's worst.
Posts: 4600 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
It's true! and I hear Jake Lloyd is going to play Ender!

*ducks and runs from thread*

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keepsmilin
Member # 6607

- posted      Profile for keepsmilin   Email keepsmilin         Edit/Delete Post 
ok, well i personally didn't like Troy, but I was just giving an example of some of his works because he's well known. "in the line of fire" was pretty good though, I thought.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the "official" info on Ender's Game. As you can see, they now have writers as well as a director.

http://www.frescopictures.com/movies/ender/endersgame_update.html

I wonder what OSC thinks of Dakota Fanning actually.

AJ

[ January 28, 2005, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
An Ender's Game Movie, are you serious!!!
Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Hail] Kama

It's a pity you beat me to it.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ,

quote:
(I also selfishly hope that my own movie, Ender's Game, gets made soon enough that Dakota Fanning can play Petra.)
http://www.hatrack.com/cgi-bin/printer_friendly.cgi?page=/osc/reviews/everything/2003-08-17.shtml
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unmaker
Member # 1641

- posted      Profile for Unmaker   Email Unmaker         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear they're going to use that creepy kid from The Ring... not really, I just thought I'd be annoying.
Posts: 1144 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I thought one of the things Troy really didn't suffer from at all was directing. Peterson did a good job with it, and the movie was much better then I expected.

Of course, compared to Das Boot, or The Perfect Storm, the directing wasn't very good... but those two movies were amazing.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
I still think that kid from Problem Child would be perfect for the role of Ender.

[ January 28, 2005, 04:51 PM: Message edited by: zgator ]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
I hated that kid. And the kid from The Kid. Ugh.
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
But he's a bit old now, isn't he?
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I think that the kid who played Anakin in the Return of the Jedi should play Ender.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homestarrunner
Member # 5090

- posted      Profile for Homestarrunner   Email Homestarrunner         Edit/Delete Post 
I find it hard to imagine a big, serious argument at Hatrack about who was going to play Ender. Apparently there was one, though, and it was serious enough to make the subject taboo forevermore.
Posts: 144 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Nah, this just comes up as a topic every few months or so by newbies, and has become, sadly, a time in which we collectively rant.
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
That boy who played Peter in Finding Neverland. And that is a serious suggestion, provided he can work on the accent.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I still say Herve Villachez should be Ender.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boothby171
Member # 807

- posted      Profile for Boothby171   Email Boothby171         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the kid that played the lead in Disney's "The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes" should play Ender.

Or would that be Graff?

Posts: 1862 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, Mickey Rooney all the way.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Homestarrunner
Member # 5090

- posted      Profile for Homestarrunner   Email Homestarrunner         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been around more than 4 years, and I haven't seen a serious discussion of who's going to play Ender. But yes, there have been lots of allusions to the firestorm that swept through here on the subject. And now there are just jokes.

Not that I'm advocating having a serious discussion again. I think it's kind of a silly subject to argue about. [Smile]

Posts: 144 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Man, Mickey Rooney all the way.
Jiminey jillikers!
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skrika03
Member # 5930

- posted      Profile for skrika03   Email skrika03         Edit/Delete Post 
I think there was at least one argument that bordered on moral rectitude vs. the PC religion.
Posts: 383 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Kama:
I think that the kid who played Anakin in the Return of the Jedi should play Ender.

Hahahaha, you mean the actor?
(This guy)

or the voice?

(This guy)

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Can't they both do it?
IdemosthenesI
Member # 862

- posted      Profile for IdemosthenesI   Email IdemosthenesI         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm for Dame Judi Dench.

Then you could have Michael Jackson safely play Graff!

Posts: 894 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm for Patrick Stewart as Graff and Sean Connery as Mazer. Mazer is from New Zealand and from I can tell the accents are similar.
Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
These threads would almost be funny if it weren't for the people that take them seriously.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I AM taking them seriously!!!!!

[Mad]

raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!
Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
ZOMG lol u r rite.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
do you guys think i could maybe get an audition? i mean, i know i'm too old for battle school, but maybe OSC could write a part just for me? or, well... i played noah in a bible school play once. maybe i could put on a fake beard and play mazer. i can't play graff, i'm not heartless enough. [Razz]
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
There have been MANY threads about this...use the search (you know, there IS one of those here at Hatrack) and you will see.

Not to mention that OSC, our host, wrote about it, and put it on the front page here... [Big Grin]

On the other side it is talked about constantly. Here, in BFFAC, not so often.

Thank God!

Kwea

[ January 30, 2005, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dafadox
Member # 6885

- posted      Profile for dafadox   Email dafadox         Edit/Delete Post 
When the hell did this happen?!!?
Posts: 31 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm for Patrick Stewart as Graff and Sean Connery as Mazer. Mazer is from New Zealand and from I can tell the accents are similar.
O_o
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
<--- Rarely visits the other side
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I have only been over there a few times by accident...

I didn't like it,. They talked about "the movie" too much... [Big Grin]

Kwea

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought Troy and Air Force One were both fantastic. I'd be happy if Wolfgang did Ender's Game.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.