FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Taking the jump!

Author Topic: Taking the jump!
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
I found out Friday that my application to jump from Active Duty to National Guard (PALACE CHASE) was approved! I'll be separating from the Regular Air Force on the 16th of May. This is a very good thing since the opportunities in the Civilian Sector are very good.

I can't hold in the excitement, and thought you'd like to share in the celebrations!

[Party]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
w00t!! Good for you!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! [The Wave]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scottneb
Member # 676

- posted      Profile for scottneb           Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I know there was a post on here last night that has since been deleted. It said, in effect, that this is a sure fire way to be sent to Iraq. I want to thank the person who posted/deleted it for having the grace to do so, because I know what the person was implying.

I thought about a response to that post during my down-time:

Being in the military takes a certain type of person, one that is always ready to sacrifice everything in order to preserve the things he holds dear. In my four years Active Duty, I've learned more about what life is about than I would have learned anywhere else. I've also been deployed in support of a currnet Operation. Nothing brought me more satisfaction than actually doing what I've been trained for so long to do. I feel I've learned all I've needed to learn from the outstanding Active Duty community and wish to heade the call to fight for my country only when called upon. If that means a tour in Iraq, so be it, I'll go willingly and love every minute of it.

-scottneb-

[ January 30, 2005, 09:06 PM: Message edited by: scottneb ]

Posts: 1660 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you for your service!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.