FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I just got spam from Voldemort.

Author Topic: I just got spam from Voldemort.
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I knew he was into the dark arts, taking over the world, and killing innocents, but I never knew he was a spammer. How evil! [Eek!]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
what was he selling?
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Was he trying to convince you to buy make-up?? Or threathening to kill you? [Angst]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
stoopid Sauron ripoff.... [Grumble]
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*bother!*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
*gasp*

That's it.

Voldemort.

Must.

Die.

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Death to He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!!!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I got that one earlier today, but not at my email that hatrack stuff goes to, at the one harry potter email lists go to. If you clicked on it you could get a free book 6 way before it's supposed to come out.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Shhh! Don't say that! [Angst]

Call him YouKnowWho. [Angst]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
*snorts*
Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sndrake
Member # 4941

- posted      Profile for sndrake   Email sndrake         Edit/Delete Post 
Spam = Voldemort
Voldemort = Spam

You can't kill Spam. Go ahead. Try it.

Therefore...

I guess we know how the Harry Potter series ends up now, don't we. [Frown]

Posts: 4344 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

That reminds me....I am Voldemort....you all must die*whips out wand and casts a spell to turn everyone into a rotten pumpkin* I win *laughs and laughs and laughs....like a maniac* [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know - it was an all-graphic email, and I don't let Outlook display that stuff.

And Telp, I knew there was a reason I liked you so much. [Smile]

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
Thought you said "sperm..." [Angst]
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] AFR. I always want to make that joke but am sure no one will get it.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I got that email too! [Eek!]

~Jane~

[ February 02, 2005, 10:49 PM: Message edited by: JaneX ]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
JK Rowling has warned Harry Potter fans to watch out for Internet fraudsters claiming to sell electronic copies of her latest wizard saga -- they are trying to steal bank and credit card details.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
I also got that email. [Evil]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't do it. You don't even want to find out what happens to

No, Lord Voldemort...please....I wasn't gonna tell. Really, I wasn't gonna tell. No, please no.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread, friends, is so much below the true level of Hatrack.

Shame on us for allowing this.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
aspectre, I think it's more of a "AAAGRHGRHGRHGHRGAAA!" than a "NOOOOOoooooooo..."

[Dont Know]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused] which part? Anything Harry Potter is apparently fair game. I accepted it none too graciously long ago.
Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Me, mothertree, or JH?

I have no problem with Harry Potter. In fact, the more the better, and if the whole forum is overrun with Harry Potter I would be... well, not happy but I wouldn't be sad.

[Big Grin]

I was just commenting on the fact that the Crucio or Avada Kedavra curse (whichever one aspectre fell under) is more of screaming than a organised train of thought...

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's why there are Harry Potter forums.

The Card family will be insulted!

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Why? For daring to discuss a book in a forum marked "Books, Films, Food, and Culture"?
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

No, because you're under the Card supervision.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
We've been slacking in our HP hype, if you ask me. Here we are, mere months from the release date, and no countdown thread!

Jonathan, Seriously, my first 100 or so posts on this forum were exclusively HP-related. Many of us are fans, and I'd be ashamed if there wasn't a 5 page spoilerific thread about it come July 17.

[ February 03, 2005, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
man this forum has a good share of nerds...

sheesh!

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get spam from he who shall not be named. I guess I'm not cool enough. [Frown]
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

SarMup, I was thinking the same thing the other day. We have not mentioned Harry Potter in a long time.
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

No one is reacting to my spell!! *taps wand on arm* There we go! Now you shall all die!!! Lumos......you are now all blind and shall hence run into each other and stab eachother with the spoons I put in your hands. Muhahahahaha [Evil Laugh]
Just another Dharma bum
Member # 6879

- posted      Profile for Just another Dharma bum   Email Just another Dharma bum         Edit/Delete Post 
You guys might be interested, Jo (J.K. Rowling) warned fans on her website before about another Harry Potter scam:
quote:

You should NEVER trust any Harry Potter e-books offered for download from the internet or on P2P/file-trading networks. Setting aside the fact that these books are illegal (there are no authorised HP e-books to date), they may infect your computer with viruses, leave you vulnerable to the dangers of hacking and/or credit card fraud and may also contain content that has nothing to do with Harry Potter, to say the least.

She later added... CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!!

I love that woman! [Razz]

Posts: 84 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

Electronic copies are useful for referance and quickly finding a phrase to back up an argument.

But one must always have paper copies, for reading and crying into.

[Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.